52 Week Range
As of on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Discovery Appoints Neville Koopowitz CEO Of Vitality UK Group
Discovery Ltd Says Co Will Be Undertaking Domestic Medium Term Note Programme Roadshow Commencing Nov 1
Discovery Says Coronation Asset Management Notifies Co That Accounts Under Management Decreased Holding In Co's B-Prefs From 5.82% To 3.83%
Discovery Limited is an integrated financial services organization specializing in health insurance, life assurance, wellness, investments and savings products, short-term insurance and credit card products. The Company's segments include Health South Africa, Life South Africa, Invest South Africa, Vitality South Africa, Health United Kingdom, Life United Kingdom and All other segments. All other segments includes SA Insure, SA Bank, SA Distribution, Discovery Partner Markets, Other new business development costs, and UK, US, SA and Singapore head office costs. The Company, through Discovery Health, provides administration services and managed care services to the Discovery Health Medical Scheme. The Company, through Ping An Health, offers policyholders in China cover for various private healthcare-related claims. The Company, through Discovery Life, offers a range of insurance and financial solutions to both individual and group policyholders.
155 West Street Cnr Fredman Drive
Independent Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
Group Chief Executive Officer, Founder, Executive Director
Deon Marius Viljoen
Chief Financial Officer and Financial Director, Executive Director
Chief Executive Officer - Discovery Health
Chief Executive Officer - Discovery Vitality
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
South Africa's Discovery Ltd said on Friday it will issue 11.4 million shares to fund the acquisition of FirstRand's stake in their credit card joint venture, a condition for the launch of its planned Discovery Bank.
South Africa's Discovery Ltd said on Thursday it will issue about 10.9 million new shares to qualifying investors in order to raise 1.85 billion rand ($132 million) to help fund an acquisition of a stake and assets in soon to be launched Discovery bank.
* Discovery to fund transaction through equity issuance (Adds details, background, updates shares)
South African health and life insurance group Discovery Ltd reported a 16 percent increase in full-year earnings on Tuesday, supported by growth in all its businesses.
Private equity firm KKR and Co <KKR.N> said on Monday it will form a joint venture with pipeline company Williams Cos Inc <WMB.N> to buy Discovery Midstream from TPG Growth for about $1.2 billion.
* HY NORMALISED PROFIT FROM OPERATIONS UP 19% TO R4 059 MILLION
* DECLARED INTERIM GROSS CASH DIVIDEND OF 518.15068 CENTS PER B PREFERENCE SHARE FOR PERIOD 1 JULY 2017 TO 31 DECEMBER 2017 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.email@example.com)
* HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE FOR HALF YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2017 IS EXPECTED TO INCREASE IN RANGE OF 33 PCT TO 38 PCT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom: +91 80 6749 1136)
EU antitrust regulators have approved Discovery Communications' <DISCA.O> $14.6 billion bid for U.S. peer Scripps Network Interactive <SNI.O>, subject to concessions in Poland, the European Commission said on Tuesday.
* CLEANTECH SOLUTIONS INTERNATIONAL ENTERS INTO SALE AND PURCHASE AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE A 60 PCT INTEREST IN 3D DISCOVERY CO. LIMITED
* Signed a long-term contract with Discovery Limited for implementation of its Sonata Platform Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
South African health insurance group Discovery said it has been granted a banking licence, in a move that opens the way for it to pursue plans to set up a retail bank.
* FY GROUP DILUTED HEPS 682.5 CENTS VERSUS 566.7 CENTS YEAR AGO
Discovery's cable deal rests on some rosy assumptions. The producer of “Shark Week” is buying Food Network and HGTV owner Scripps Networks Interactive for $14.6 billion. Cost savings won’t cover the premium and getting distributors to pony up for more content will be a hard...
Discovery Communications and Scripps Networks Interactive Inc are in merger talks, revisiting a deal that was scrapped three years ago, two people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Tuesday.
South African insurer Discovery Limited said on Wednesday it will create a health insurance brand in a joint venture with two Australian companies to expand the footprint of its behaviour tracking programme.
* Voluntary Trading Statement: Six Months Ended Dec. 31, 2016
* Deon Marius Viljoen has been appointed as financial director to board of discovery, with effect from 1 may 2017
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.