52 Week Range
As of on the New York Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
CarMax Announces CFO Transition
Carmax Says Enrique Mayor-Mora Promoted To CFO
Carmax Reports Q2 Earnings Per Share $1.40
CarMax, Inc. (CarMax) is a holding company. The Company is a retailer of used vehicles. The Company operates through two segments: CarMax Sales Operations and CarMax Auto Finance (CAF). The Company's CarMax Sales Operations segment consists of all aspects of its auto merchandising and service operations, excluding financing provided by CAF. The Company's CAF segment consists of its own finance operation that provides vehicle financing through CarMax stores. The Company operates approximately 160 used car stores in over 70 metropolitan markets. The Company's products and services include retail merchandising, wholesale auctions, extended protection plans (EPPs), reconditioning and service, and customer credit. The Company's CarMax Sales Operations segment sells used vehicles, purchases used vehicles from customers and other sources, sells related products and services, and arranges financing options for customers. CAF operates in the auto finance sector of the consumer finance market.
12800 Tuckahoe Creek Pkwy
Thomas J. Folliard
Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
William D. Nash
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
Enrique N. Mayor-Mora
Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President
Edwin J. Hill
Chief Operating Officer, Executive Vice President
Diane Long Cafritz
Chief Human Resource Officer, Senior Vice President
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* CARMAX INC SAYS CEO WILLIAM NASH'S FY 2018 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $7.8 MILLION VERSUS $6.5 MILLION IN FY 2017 - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2FFr941) Further company coverage:
* CURRENTLY PLAN TO OPEN 15 STORES IN FISCAL 2019 AND BETWEEN 13 AND 16 STORES IN FISCAL 2020
* Q3 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.81 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
* CARMAX SAYS IS EXPANDING ITS COMMERCIAL RELATIONSHIP WITH REPAIRPAL, A PROVIDER OF AUTO SERVICE AND REPAIR VIA A NETWORK OF REPAIRPAL CERTIFIED SHOPS
* Copper Fox Metals Inc announces update on Carmax share consolidation
* CARMAX INC - ANNOUNCES PLANS TO HIRE FOR MORE THAN 2,000 POSITIONS COMPANYWIDE BY END OF YEAR Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Q2 earnings per share view $0.95 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.98 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Melvin Capital Management LP reports a 5.1 percent passive stake in Carmax Inc as of May 18, 2017 - SEC filing Source text : [ID:http://bit.ly/2qxnkde] Further company coverage:
* Carmax Inc - board of directors has elected Sona Chawla to membership on board Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
CarMax Inc <KMX.N>, the No.1 U.S. used-car dealer, reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by higher vehicle sales.
CarMax Inc, the No.1 U.S. used-car dealer, reported a 9.3 percent rise in quarterly revenue, helped by higher vehicle sales.
Shares of CarMax Inc <KMX.N>, the biggest U.S. used car dealer, are vulnerable to a 20 percent decline if investors are unnerved by falling used vehicle prices and weakening credit quality when it reports its results, Barron's said on Sunday.
CarMax Inc and two other used vehicle retailers have agreed to settle a federal complaint that they failed to disclose to buyers that some vehicles they were selling were under safety recall orders, the Federal Trade Commission said on Friday.
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.