52 Week Range
As of on the New York Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Markel Reports 2019 Financial Results
Terry Ledbetter To Retire As Chairman And CEO Of State National Markel Names Matthew Freeman As His Successor
Markel Posts Q3 EPS Of $13.95
Markel Corporation is a financial holding company serving a range of markets. The Company's principal business markets and underwrites specialty insurance products. It monitors and reports its ongoing underwriting operations in three segments: U.S. Insurance, International Insurance and Reinsurance. The Company, through its subsidiary Markel Ventures, Inc. (Markel Ventures), owns interests in various industrial and service businesses that operate outside of the specialty insurance marketplace. The U.S. Insurance segment includes all direct business and facultative placements written by its insurance subsidiaries domiciled in the United States. The International Insurance segment includes all direct business and facultative placements written by its insurance subsidiaries domiciled outside of the United States, including its syndicate at Lloyd's of London (Lloyd's). The Reinsurance segment includes all treaty reinsurance written across the Company.
4521 Highwoods Pkwy
Alan I. Kirshner
Executive Chairman of the Board
Bradley J. Kiscaden
President, Chief Administrative Officer
Michael R. Heaton
Thomas S. Gayner
Co-Chief Executive Officer, Director
Richard Reeves Whitt
Co-Chief Executive Officer, Director
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* MARKEL- ON MAY 14, BOARD APPROVED NEW REPURCHASE PROGRAM WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT AUTHORIZING CO TO REPURCHASE UP TO $300 MILLION OF CO'S STOCK - SEC FILING
The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Monday. To inform us of other job changes, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $8.77 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
* MARKEL CORP FILES FOR POTENTIAL MIXED SHELF OFFERING; SIZE NOT DISCLOSED Source text: (http://bit.ly/2HGP45j) Further company coverage:
* MARKEL CORP QTRLY EARNED PREMIUMS $1.13 BILLION VERSUS $983.1 MILLION
* Markel Corp - Anne Waleski plans to transition from her role as CFO of company by end of Q1 of 2019
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, October 30 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings assigns a senior unsecured debt rating of 'BBB+' to Markel Corporation's (NYSE: MKL) new issues of $300 million senior notes due 2027 and $300 million due 2047. In addition...
* Q3 earnings per share view $-16.17 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Markel-Expects Q3 pre-tax underwriting losses of $503 million, net of reinstatement premiums, from hurricanes Harvey, Irma & Maria & Mexico earthquakes Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
London-based specialist insurer Markel International has appointed Trevor McAuley as subsea equipment underwriter and Katie Costello as hull and war underwriter in its marine, energy and property business.
* Q2 earnings per share view $6.57 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Markel Corp - entered into a definitive agreement for markel to acquire a majority interest in Costa Farms and its related operating companies Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 1320 GMT on Wednesday:
* State National Cos-to pay termination fee of about $13.8 million to markel if Markel, co terminates merger deal due to stockholder approval not being obtained
U.S. insurer Markel Corp <MKL.N> said on Wednesday it would buy property and casualty insurer State National Companies Inc <SNC.O> for about $919 million.
U.S.-based specialist insurer Markel Corp appointed Deepika Mathur to lead its Indian business on the Llyod's India platform, based in Mumbai.
Specialist insurer Markel International, a unit of U.S.-based Markel Corp, named Dillon Matthews as trade credit underwriter and senior risk analyst in Singapore.
* New division is expected to be up and running by January 1, 2018
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, May 22 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed the 'A+' (Strong) Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings for Markel Corporation's (NYSE: MKL) principal property and casualty (P/C) insurance subsidiaries. Fitch...
The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Wednesday. To inform us of other job changes, email email@example.com.
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.