52 Week Range
As of on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
SA's Competition Commission RecommendS Tribunal Approve Hatfield Proposed Deal To Buy Business Of Satsa
Sanlam Says PIC Holds 15.168% Of Total Interest In Shares Of Co
Sanlam Ltd Announces Proposed Sale Of Shareholding In Units To Oaktree
Sanlam Limited is a South Africa-based financial services company that provides financial solutions to individuals and institutional clients. The Company operates through five segments: Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate and Santam. Sanlam Personal Finance segment includes Sanlam Sky, Glacier and Strategic business development. Sanlam Emerging Markets segment includes Namibia, Botswana, India, Malaysia operations and Saham Finances. Sanlam Investments segment includes investment management, wealth management, international business and Sanlam specialized finance. Sanlam Corporate segment includes Sanlam employee benefits and healthcare business. Santam segment provides a range of general insurance products and services. It provides solutions in various areas, including insurance, financial planning, retirement, trust, wills, short-term insurance, asset management, risk management, capital market activities, investment and wealth.
2 Strand Road
Independent Non-Executive Chairman of the Board
Paul Brendan Hanratty
Group Chief Executive Officer, Executive Director
Patrice T. Motsepe
Non-Executive Deputy Chairman of the Board
Group Financial Director, Executive Director
Chief Executive Officer of SA Retail Affluent
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
South African insurer Sanlam Ltd said on Thursday its profit for the year ended Dec. 31 could rise by up to 29% as some accounting changes that impacted the results in 2019 were absent in 2020.
South Africa's largest insurer Sanlam Ltd said on Wednesday it would book the bulk of around 7.8 billion rand ($453.33 million) in impairment charges, mostly related to its acquisition of Saham Finances, in the first half of 2020.
South Africa's largest insurer Sanlam Ltd on Wednesday flagged a cautious stance for the rest of its financial year and said its new business growth potential remains under pressure due to anticipated steep recessions in many of its markets.
South Africa's largest insurer Sanlam Ltd said on Wednesday its new business growth potential remains under pressure due to anticipated steep recessions in many of its markets.
* SANLAM - MOST OF OPERATIONAL TRENDS EXPERIENCED IN SECOND HALF OF 2019 PERSISTED IN FIRST TWO MONTHS OF 2020
* SANLAM - ACQUIRED REMAINING STAKE IN NIGERIAN INSURANCE BUSINESS FBN INSURANCE FROM ITS PARTNER, FBN HOLDINGS PLC
* SANLAM LTD - ELIAS MASILELA HAS BEEN APPOINTED AS INDEPENDENT NON-EXECUTIVE CHAIR
* SANLAM LTD - OPERATING ENVIRONMENT DETERIORATED SUBSTANTIALLY SINCE END OF FEBRUARY 2020
* PRUDENTIAL AUTHORITY RECENTLY APPROVED KPMG INC. TO BE APPOINTED AS JOINT AUDITOR TO SANLAM WITH EFFECT FROM 2021 FINANCIAL YEAR
* FINAL CASH DIVIDEND OF 334 CENTS PER SHARE WAS DECLARED FOR YEAR ENDED 31 DECEMBER 2019
* SANLAM - FY HEADLINE EARNINGS FOR YEAR EXPECTED TO DECREASE BY BETWEEN 15% AND 25% COMPARED TO 2018
* Newly acquired Moroccan unit bolsters growth (Recasts with CEO interview)
Sanlam, South Africa's biggest insurer, reported a 10 percent fall in 2018 earnings on Thursday as volatile global markets that have hurt firms from Prudential Financial to BlackRock hit its investment portfolio.
Sanlam, South Africa's biggest insurer, said on Thursday its normalised headline earnings fell by 8 percent in the year to Dec. 31, to 9.1 billion rand ($638.15 million).
* Sanlam says headline earnings down 10 pct in first 10 months
South Africa's biggest insurer Sanlam saw its normalised headline earnings fall 10 percent for the 10 months to October, it said on Wednesday.
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.