52 Week Range
As of on the Toronto Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Torstar Corp Reports Second Quarter Adjusted Loss Per Share Of C$0.02
Torstar Announces Closure Of Hamilton Printing And Mailroom Operations At 44 Frid Street
Torstar Corporation Reports First Quarter Results
Torstar Corporation is a Canada-based media company with a long history in daily and community newspapers, book publishing and digital businesses. The company publishes more than 110 newspapers and operates a number of digital businesses in Canada through its main operating segments, the Star Media Group and Metroland Media Group. Star Media Group, led by its flagship newspaper, the Toronto Star, also includes thestar.com, one of the newspaper websites in Canada, as well as Torstar’s interest in the Metro chain of free daily newspapers in seven Canadian cities and the Chinese-language newspaper Sing Tao Daily. Metroland Media Group publishes more than 100 community newspapers in print and online, as well as two daily newspapers. Metroland also has online properties, directories, specialty publications and operates several consumer shows.
Printing & Publishing
1 Yonge St 5th Floor
John A. Honderich
Independent Chairman of the Board
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director
Chief Financial Officer, Executive Vice President
Executive Vice President, President of Community Brands and Operations
Neil Simon Oliver
Executive Vice President, President of Daily Brands
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
* RESTRUCTURING INITIATIVES UNDERTAKEN IN Q1 OF 2018 ARE EXPECTED TO RESULT IN ANNUALIZED NET SAVINGS OF $5.3 MILLION
* TORSTAR - OFFICIALS FROM COMPETITION BUREAU CONDUCTED SEARCHES OF CORPORATE OFFICES AS PART OF ONGOING REVIEW OF DEAL WITH POSTMEDIA NETWORK
* Q4 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW C$0.09 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
* POSTMEDIA NETWORK CANADA - ANNOUNCED TRANSACTION WITH METROLAND MEDIA GROUP AND FREE DAILY NEWS GROUP INC., BOTH SUBSIDIARIES OF TORSTAR CORPORATION
* Acquired 9.44 million class B non-voting shares of Torstar Corp at price of $1.25 per class B share
Torstar Corp <TSb.TO>, the publisher of the Toronto Star, reported a bigger-than-expected loss in the third quarter, as its print business attracted fewer advertisers.
* Q3 earnings per share view C$-0.04 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Toronto Star newspaper publisher Torstar Corp posted a surprise loss in the second quarter as demand for its print business continued to dwindle.
* Q2 earnings per share view c$0.03 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Toronto Star newspaper publisher Torstar Corp posted a drop in quarterly revenue as demand for its print business continued to dwindle.
Canadian newspaper publisher Torstar Corp <TSb.TO> on Wednesday reported a bigger-than-expected loss, sending its shares to a record low, as growth in some of its digital ventures failed to offset a decline in print advertising.
Canadian newspaper publisher Torstar Corp on Wednesday reported a 11.5 percent fall in quarterly revenue, as growth in some of its digital ventures failed to offset a decline in print advertising.
* Segmented revenue was $156.7 million in q1 of 2017, down $18.1 million from $174.8 million in q1 of 2016
Torstar Corp, the owner of one of Canada's largest circulation daily newspapers, reported a fourth-quarter profit, compared with a loss a year earlier, when the company recorded a one-time charge of C$213.3 million ($160.3 million).
* Q4 earnings per share view C$0.08 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
Torstar Corp, owner of Canada's largest circulation daily newspaper, reported a bigger-than-expected adjusted third- quarter loss as it struggles with slumping advertising revenue.
Torstar Corp, owner of Canada's largest circulation daily newspaper, swung to a profit in the third quarter after six consecutive quarters of losses.
* Torstar corp - segmented revenue was $181.7 million in q3 of 2016, down $19.7 million (9.8%) from $201.4 million in q3 of 2015
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.