52 Week Range
As of on the New York Stock Exchange ∙ Minimum 15 minute delay
3M AVG Volume
52 Week High
52 Week Low
Shares Out (MIL)
Market Cap (MIL)
Dividend (Yield %)
Varian Reports Results For First Quarter Of Fiscal Year 2021
Siemens Healthineers Says CFIUS Clears Transaction of Planned Merger With Varian
Healthineers See FY COVID-19 Antigen Test Sales Of €100 Mln
Varian Medical Systems, Inc. is a manufacturer of medical devices and software for treating cancer and other medical conditions with radiotherapy, cardiac radioablation, radiosurgery, proton therapy and brachytherapy. The Company also has Varian Particle Therapy (VPT) and the operations of the Ginzton Technology Center (GTC). Its VPT business develops, designs, manufactures, sells and services products and systems for delivering proton therapy, another form of external beam radiotherapy using proton beams for the treatment of cancer. Its ProBeam system is capable of delivering intensity modulated proton therapy (IMPT) using pencil beam scanning technology. Its ProBeam Compact is a single room proton therapy product. Through its subsidiary, Cooperative CL Enterprises, the Company distributes radiotherapy equipments in Taiwan.
Medical Equipment & Supplies
3100 Hansen Way Bldg 4A
PALO ALTO, CA
R. Andrew Eckert
Independent Chairman of the Board
Chris A. Toth
President, Chief Operating Officer
Dow R. Wilson
Chief Executive Officer, Director
J. Michael Bruff
Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President - Finance
President, Interventional Solutions Business
Price To Earnings (TTM)
Price To Sales (TTM)
Price To Book (MRQ)
Price To Cash Flow (TTM)
Total Debt To Equity (MRQ)
LT Debt To Equity (MRQ)
Return on Investment (TTM)
Return on Equity (TTM)
Siemens Healthineers <SHLG.DE> said on Wednesday it issued 2.73 billion euros ($3.22 billion) worth of new shares to help finance its planned takeover of U.S. peer Varian <VAR.N>.
Siemens Healthineers on Wednesday launched a 2.9 billion euro ($3.43 billion) capital increase to finance parts of the planned takeover of U.S. peer Varian.
Siemens Healthineers plans a two-step capital increase to raise 7.5 billion euros ($8.80 billion) via share placements to help finance its acquisition of Varian Medical Systems, sources close to the matter said on Monday.
German health group Siemens Healthineers <SHLG.DE> said on Sunday it was buying Varian Medical Systems Inc <VAR.N> of the United States for $16.4 billion in a deal that seeks to create the global leader in cancer care solutions.
German health group Siemens Healthineers said on Sunday it would acquire Varian Medical Systems Inc in a deal that values the U.S. maker of devices and software for treating cancer at $16.4 billion.
German group Siemens Healthineers AG <SHLG.DE> is in advanced talks to purchase Varian Medical Systems Inc <VAR.N>, a maker of devices and software for treating cancer, in a deal that will value the medical device maker at about $15 billion, Bloomberg News reported late...
Norwegian oil and gas producer Var Energi, backed by Eni <ENI.MI> and private equity firm HitecVision, is seeking around $1 billion for its Jotun production ship, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.
* LONG-TERM RESULTS FROM SABR-COMET FURTHER DEMONSTRATE EFFECTIVENESS OF STEREOTACTIC ABLATIVE RADIOTHERAPY FOR COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT OF METASTATIC CANCERS
* RAYSEARCH ENTERS INTO INTEROPERABILITY AGREEMENT WITH VARIAN
* VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC - CENTER IN SINGAPORE EXPANDING ACCESS TO RADIATION THERAPY TECHNOLOGY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* VARIAN HALCYON 2.0 TREATMENT SYSTEM RECEIVES CHINA NMPA APPROVAL Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* QUEBEC SELECTS VARIAN TO INCREASE ACCESS TO ADVANCED CANCER CARE
* COVID-19 OUTBREAK WILL NEGATIVELY IMPACT COMPANY'S OPERATING RESULTS
* VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS - AMENDED BY-LAWS TO PROVIDE THAT ANY DIRECTOR MAY BE REMOVED, BY VOTE OF HOLDERS OF AT LEAST A MAJORITY VOTING POWER Source text: (https://bit.ly/2PY4doX) Further company coverage:
Liver cancer treatment maker Sirtex Medical <SRX.AX> said on Monday that the U.S. Federal Trade Commission cleared its $1.4 billion buyout by a Chinese consortium, clearing a major hurdle for the deal to go through.
Australia's Sirtex Medical <SRX.AX> has picked the highest bidder in a takeover battle for the liver cancer specialist, going with a $1.4 billion Chinese offer that trumped U.S. company Varian Medical Systems <VAR.N>.
* BOARD CONSIDERING RELATIVE MERITS AND RISKS OF CDH PROPOSAL AND VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS SCHEME
Varian Medical Systems <VAR.N> said it would not increase its offer to buy Australian liver cancer treatment provider Sirtex Medical Ltd <SRX.AX> after Sirtex on Tuesday said Chinese private equity firm CDH Investments had submitted a formal bid.
* VARIAN NOTIFIES SIRTEX IT WILL NOT SUBMIT A COUNTERPROPOSAL TO COMPETING BID
* VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC - ACQUIRED COOPERATIVE CL ENTERPRISES, A DISTRIBUTOR OF RADIOTHERAPY EQUIPMENT IN TAIWAN Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Quote and financial data from Refinitiv. Fund performance data provided by Lipper. All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes.