A U.S. judge blocked on Monday health insurer Aetna Inc's proposed $34 billion acquisition of smaller peer Humana Inc, raising the stakes for rival Anthem Inc as it battles to close a $54 billion deal to buy Cigna Corp. | Video
U.S. telecom sector could be on the brink of a major consolidation under President Donald Trump's likely more merger-friendly administration, said JP Morgan Securities, which now sees a 90 percent chance of T-Mobile US being involved in a strategic transaction in the next five years.
U.S. wireless carrier Sprint Corp said on Monday it would buy 33 percent of Tidal, a music streaming service owned by rapper Jay Z, marking a move to more content driven services in a highly competitive wireless market.
WILMINGTON, Del. A Delaware court revived an investor lawsuit against Energy Transfer Partners over its $11 billion acquisition of Regency Energy Partners in a case focused on protections for investors in master limited partnerships.
SAO PAULO Former shareholders of Brazil's CPFL Energia SA have handed over ownership of their stakes to State Grid Corp of China on Monday, which will automatically trigger a buyout of minority stakeholders, a person familiar with the matter said.
MEXICO CITY Jose Cuervo, the world's biggest tequila producer, is planning a Feb. 8 pricing for its delayed initial public offering (IPO) in a bid to raise up to $1 billion, two sources familiar with the matter said on Monday.
CHICAGO U.S. oilfield services company Forbes Energy Services Ltd said it expected to "promptly" emerge from bankruptcy after filing a Chapter 11 plan on Monday with a prepackaged deal to exchange $280 million of debt for equity.
MILAN Assicurazioni Generali said on Monday it had bought voting rights equal to 3.01 percent of Intesa Sanpaolo's share capital, effectively blocking the lender from acquiring a large stake in Italy's biggest insurer.
CHICAGO Peabody Energy Corp's plan to emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy faces a "material risk" that the U.S. coal producer could suffer a $1 billion revenue loss due to a disputed lease at the world's largest coal mine, according to an objection filed to its reorganization plan.
MADRID/FRANKFURT U.S. private equity fund Warburg Pincus [WP.UL] has hired Goldman Sachs to sell Safetykleen Europe [WARBPS.UL], which provides used oil collection, recycling and parts cleaning services, four sources with knowledge of the matter said.
- Finance: Generali CFO Minali preparing to resign: source
- Technology: Dutch tycoon de Mol plans counter-offer for media group TMG
- Healthcare: Silgan buys WestRock's dispensers unit for about $1 billion
- Consumer: China's HNA in final talks to buy German airport Hahn
- Energy: Saudi's SABIC to acquire remaining 50 percent of Shell venture for $820 million
- Industrials: Japan's Orix looking for more European shipping debt after buying RBS loans
- M&A: BRIEF-Hope Bancorp to acquire Seattle-based U & I Financial Corp
- Bankruptcy: RPT-UPDATE 1-Peabody reorganization at risk from Wyoming litigation -court paper
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Guinness Nigeria set to launch $127 mln rights issue
- Private Capital: BRIEF-Soros Fund Management reports 5.31 pct passive stake in Sigma Designs
- Hedge Funds: Brexiteer Odey's fund loses 369 million euros
- Regulatory: UPDATE 1-U.S. judge approves VW dealers $1.2 bln settlement
- Samsung Shares Just Hit a Record High on Activist Hedge Fund Interest - Fortune
- Kim Kardashian West's bodyguard 'declared bankruptcy and owes â¬1 million' - Telegraph.co.uk
- Twitter sale could happen in October - CNET
- Endurance Tech IPO picks up pace, subscribed 17% - Economic Times
- Exclusive: Getting into US election spirit, Jose Cuervo postpones IPO - ... - Reuters
- Tex-Mex chain Don Pablo's files bankruptcy papers - USA TODAY
- Coupa Software Prices IPO At $18, Top Of Range; FB Financial Soars - Investor's Business Daily
- LAM, KLA-Tencor Cancel $10.6 Billion Merger Deal - TheStreet.com