FRANKFURT Allianz , the world's fourth-largest insurer by market value, is well-protected against potential takeover attempts, its chief financial officer told a German paper.
WASHINGTON All of a sudden, it seems, everybody wants to own a U.S. media company. | Video
Verizon Communications Inc, no. 1 U.S. wireless carrier, is close to a new deal with the National Football League for digital streaming rights, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter.
NEW YORK/VANCOUVER Vale SA has decided to postpone the sale of a stake in its New Caledonia nickel mine after the initial bids for the asset came in at the lower end of expectations, two people with knowledge of the matter said.
TOKYO Toshiba Corp will decide on Monday to raise some $5 billion from overseas investors, allowing the troubled conglomerate to remain a publicly traded company even if the sale of a key business is delayed, two people with direct knowledge of the process said.
Broadcom Ltd said on Friday it closed its acquisition of network gear maker Brocade Communications Systems Inc, giving it a larger share of the data center products market.
SAO PAULO Norway's Yara International ASA , a global producer and distributor of fertilizers, has reached an agreement to buy Vale SA's fertilizer complex in Cubatão, Brazil, for $255 million in cash, the company said on Friday.
Buyout firms Nordic Capital and KKR & Co are competing to acquire Hyperion, a U.S. manufacturer of metal cutting and drilling equipment owned by Swedish engineering company Sandvik AB , according to people familiar with the matter.
STOCKHOLM Music streaming company Spotify has bought online music and audio recording studio Soundtrap, it said on Friday, declining to give financial details of the deal.
BARCELONA America Movil has seen has seen interest from potential buyers for its 21.4 percent stake in Dutch telecoms group KPN and may consider selling, the CFO of the Mexican telecoms company said on Friday.
- Finance: Santander in exclusive talks to buy Deutsche's Polish assets: sources
- Technology: Fox shares rise on signs of more takeover interest
- Healthcare: Doubts over Mediclinic's $1.6 billion Spire bid knock shares
- Consumer: Comcast, Verizon approached Twenty-First Century Fox to buy some assets: sources
- Energy: Colombia's Ecopetrol, Spain's Repsol acquire four blocks in Gulf of Mexico
- Industrials: German gas supplier VNG in talks to sell Norwegian energy business: sources
- M&A: Verizon close to announcing digital streaming deal with NFL- Bloomberg
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 5-Puerto Rico utility head resigns after slow Hurricane Maria response
- IPOs: Carige set to sign share issue underwriting accord Friday or over weekend - source
- Private Capital: Affinion seeks to sell AD&D unit to cut debt -sources
- Hedge Funds: Cryptocurrency hedge funds top 100 for first time
- Regulatory: RPT-Pro-trade U.S. Republicans get nervous that NAFTA talks could fail
- The Big Question About Blue Apron's IPO - Forbes
- 4 Reasons Why Puerto Rico's 'Bankruptcy' Process Matters to US Residents - NBCNews.com
- China's private equity gains celebrity branding - Financial Times
- Boutique advisers crash M&A league table thanks to high fees - Financial Times
- Loose money raises the risks for private equity - Financial Times - Financial Times
- Ray Dalio, Billionaire Head Of World's Largest Hedge Fund, Slams Trump Over Paris Accord Exit - Forbes
- Buyout groups make final offer for Shawbrook - Financial Times
- Toyota dumps stake in Tesla as former partners become rivals - CNNMoney