WASHINGTON Senator Amy Klobuchar, the top Democrat on the Senate antitrust panel, urged the subcommittee on Friday to hold a hearing on Walt Disney Co's plan to buy a number of Twenty-First Century Fox Inc businesses.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Department of Justice and AT&T Inc have held unsuccessful settlement talks over the wireless and pay-TV company's bid to buy movie and TV show maker Time Warner Inc , the two sides said in a court filing on Friday.
LONDON Aston Martin's owners have hired Lazard to prepare for a stock market listing or sale of the British sportscar maker made famous by fictional spy James Bond, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Unilever has agreed to sell its margarine and spreads business to U.S. private equity firm KKR for 6.83 billion euros ($8.04 billion) to concentrate on faster growing products.
A relentless bull-run in U.S. stock indexes this year has set the stage for a strong IPO market in 2018, with several multi-billion dollar firms including Airbnb and Spotify widely expected to grab headlines with their offerings.
FRANKFURT Family-owned German logistics firm Zeitfracht is studying the books of Austrian airline Niki with view to buying some of its assets, a spokesman for Zeitfracht said on Saturday.
FRANKFURT Germany's Continental has at least 3 billion euros ($3.53 billion) ready for acquisitions to expand into growing automotive markets led by Asia, Chief Finance Officer Wolfgang Schaefer said in an interview published on Saturday.
DOHA Qatari company Baladna, which is creating a dairy industry in the desert to help the country to cope with a boycott by other Arab states, is planning an initial public offer of its shares (IPO) to raise funds and bring in strategic investors, sources familiar with the matter said.
SAO PAULO/BRASILIA Brazil's strongest year for initial public offerings since 2013 finished on a flat note this week as one company canceled its plans and what promised to be 2017's biggest listing priced at the bottom of the range.
MILAN Italy's Luxottica has parted ways with its fourth chief executive in three years as Chairman Leonardo Del Vecchio prepares the eyewear group he founded for a planned merger with France's Essilor .
- Finance: Old Mutual Global Investors chief near buyout deal backed by TA Associates: source
- Technology: Factbox: Airbnb, Spotify among unicorns likely to list in 2018
- Healthcare: Argentina's YPF to sell 25 percent of electricity unit to GE: source
- Consumer: Fashion house Camuto Group taps turnaround advisor: source
- Energy: Icahn steps up fight against SandRidge's plan to buy Bonanza Creek
- Industrials: EasyJet confirms stakes in Air Berlin assets
- M&A: UPDATE 3-Luxottica CEO exits eyewear giant ahead of Essilor merger
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Avaya Completes Financial Restructuring
- IPOs: Russian conglomerate Sistema's real estate unit shelves bond sale
- Private Capital: Uber should have given court an ex-employee's letter about 'fraud and theft' in Waymo case
- Hedge Funds: Big British local authority pensions step up hedge fund bets
- Regulatory: U.S. labor board adopts business-friendly 'micro union' test
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- A Tesla-SpaceX merger would be the deal of the decade - Business Insider
- Hedge Fund Billionaires Struggle To Make Money In Bull Market - Forbes
- Boston Herald files for bankruptcy, will be sold - CBS News
- The CVS-Aetna Merger - New York Times
- Hedge fund boss pays himself Â£270m, despite hedge fund only making Â£200m - The Guardian
- Hedge fund manager: Trump asked me if Amazon is a monopoly - CNNMoney
- The week's best deals include a huge PSVR discount and eBay Game Awards sale - Polygon