NEW YORK, April 18 Sears Holdings Corp sued longtime former Chairman Eddie Lampert, his hedge fund ESL Investments and others like Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, claiming they illegally siphoned billions of dollars of assets from the retailer before it went bankrupt.
SAN JUAN, April 18 A judge on Thursday ordered banks to comply with a request from Puerto Rico's federally created financial oversight board to disclose customer information related to certain debt issued by the bankrupt U.S. commonwealth.
SAO PAULO, April 18 John Rodgerson, chief executive of Brazilian carrier Azul SA, told a news conference on Thursday that the airline is no longer bidding for routes operated by Avianca Brasil, which filed for bankruptcy protection in December.
LONDON, April 18 The U.S. Attorney's Office said it has agreed not to prosecute one of the country's biggest gold refineries, Republic Metals Corporation (RMC), after an investigation into possible money laundering.
NEW YORK, April 18 Sears Holdings Corp sued longtime Chairman Eddie Lampert, his hedge fund ESL Investments, and former directors including Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, accusing them of allowing the retailer to be looted of billions of dollars before its October 2018 bankruptcy.
LONDON, April 18 Debenhams said on Thursday its chief executive Sergio Bucher had decided to step down, nine days after the ailing British department store group's lenders took control.
* Lenders declined to extend more funds to keep airline afloat
MUMBAI, April 18 Bhoja Poojari has handled baggage for India's Jet Airways Ltd since it began flying nearly 26 years ago. Now, like many other Jet employees, he fears for the future as the debt-laden airline descends into crisis.
* SAYS COMMERCIAL COURT AGREED TO OPEN LIQUIDATION PHASE OF CERBIUM, AS REQUESTED BY THE COMPANY
- M&A: France's Engie is weighing a takeover of Emcor - Bloomberg
- IPOs: Turkey-focused gas firm Valeura to list on London bourse
- Private Capital: Thomas Cook approached by potential bidders - Sky News
- Hedge Funds: Activist Elliott tells Pernod there is still work to do
- Regulatory News: Second death in Novartis gene therapy trials under investigation
Free Deals Newsletter
Vitae Eum Aspernatur Cillum Nihil Ullamco. Aute Aute Nihil Quaerat Illum Culpa. Nesciunt Laborum Dolores Amet.