PARIS, March 24 French outdoor advertising company JCDecaux could consider bidding to take over U.S. competitors Clear Channel or Outfront Media but nothing is planned in the short term, its chief executive said on Saturday.
March 23 The U.S. Department of Energy on Friday withdrew from a 2016 agreement to partner with a private developer on a more than 700-mile transmission line that would have delivered wind power from blustery Oklahoma to Tennessee and beyond.
SAN DIEGO, March 23 Qualcomm Inc re-elected its board of directors on Friday with weak support from shareholders, who grilled the U.S. chipmaker over its strategy following its successful defense against a $117-billion hostile bid from Broadcom Ltd.
BOSTON, March 23 Hedge fund Glenview Capital Management on Friday said it now owns 5.6 percent of Newell Brands Inc, announcing its increased stake just days after the maker of Sharpie markers and Elmer's Glue handed activist investor Carl Icahn board seats.
* PURE INDUSTRIAL REAL ESTATE TRUST UNITHOLDERS APPROVE TRANSACTION WITH BLACKSTONE
* SNYDER’S-LANCE, INC. RECEIVES SHAREHOLDER APPROVAL FOR PROPOSED ACQUISITION BY CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
March 23 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Friday:
MUMBAI, March 23 Oil-to-telecoms conglomerate Reliance Industries is buying a stake in Indian music streaming service Saavn and will merge it with its JioMusic app to create a new entity it said would be valued at $1 billion.
NEW YORK, March 23 U.S. investment firm Tiger Global Management is in the process of buying $50 million worth of shares of online asset management startup Wealthfront, a source familiar with deal said on Friday.
MONTREAL, OTTAWA, March 23 Canada on Friday welcomed as a "positive development" in its long ties with Boeing a decision by the U.S. planemaker to end a trade dispute over sales of Bombardier CSeries jets in the United States.
- Finance: UPDATE 3-U.S. Justice Department urges judge to block AT&T-Time Warner merger
- Technology: Qualcomm re-elects 10 existing directors to board at annual meeting
- Healthcare: French lawmakers seek scrutiny over Macron on foreign takeovers
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Opel workers demand German investment plan from PSA
- Energy: UPDATE 2-China's CEFC investigation hits $9 billion Russian oil deal
- Industrials: EU mergers and takeovers (March 23)