NAIROBI, Dec 19 Africa-focussed private equity firm Emerging Capital Partners said on Wednesday it has acquired a majority stake in Kenyan restaurant chain Artcaffe Group, the latest sign of growing international private equity investor interest in East Africa.
KUWAIT, Dec 19 Kuwait's Agility, one of the largest Gulf logistics companies, is in talks with banks to raise around $800 million in debt as it plans to grow its business, including expanding its global warehouse capacity, the company's chief executive told Reuters.
HONG KONG, Dec 19 Futu Securities International, a Hong Kong-based online brokerage firm backed by Tencent Holdings, has filed confidentially for a U.S. initial public offering (IPO) of up to $500 million, people with knowledge of the matter said.
Dec 18 Home healthcare provider Civitas Solutions Inc said on Tuesday it would sell itself to funds advised by Centerbridge Partners L.P. in a deal valued at $641 million.
Dec 18 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Tuesday:
Dec 18 Elon Musk's rocket company SpaceX Corp is set to raise $500 million at a $30.5 billion valuation, the Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the fundraising plan.
PARIS, Dec 18 Activist investment fund Amber Capital has raised its stake in Lagardere above 5 percent, France's stock and bond regulator said Tuesday.
FRANKFURT/BERLIN, Dec 18 German public sector bank NordLB is in exclusive talks to sell the last of its soured shipping loans to Cerberus, while also talking to Cerberus and rival Centerbridge about a potential investment in the bank, sources close to the matter said.
Dec 18 U.S-based private equity firm Carlyle Group LP is looking to double its stake in Indian housing finance company PNB Housing Finance Ltd, Bloomberg Quint reported on Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
FRANKFURT/BERLIN, Dec 18 German public sector bank NordLB has entered exclusive talks with Cerberus over its remaining sour ship loans, while continuing negotiations with the private equity group as well as peer investor Centerbridge over the sale of a stake in the bank, sources close to the matter said.
- Financial: UPDATE 1-India's IL&FS to sell domestic road assets held by ITNL
- Technology: INSIGHT-No Uber or Airbnb in S.Korea: Red tape, risk-aversion hobble start-ups
- Healthcare: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: UPDATE 2-Just Eat shareholder calls for asset sales, new targets
- Energy: Brazil's Ouro Preto cuts bid for Petrobras oilfield clusters -sources
- Industrials: Bain Capital closes new Asian fund at $4.65 bln - source
- M&As: German cabinet tightens rules to fend off foreign takeovers
- Bankruptcy: MIDEAST - Factors to watch - December 19
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Sweden's Cherry receives $1 bln takeover offer from Bridgepoint
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund Oceanwood promotes Garcia-Woods to number two - source
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 1-Third Canadian detained in China, Canadian media says, citing ministry