LONDON, Sept 25 The world's wealthiest families plan to allocate more money to private equity after the asset class helped drive an average 15.5 percent rise in the value of their investments in 2017, according to a survey.
LONDON, Sept 25 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - After decades of incubating science and engineering companies, Oxford University announced on Tuesday it is branching out to support businesses that put people before profit, seeking to maximise the impact of its academic research on the world.
Sept 24 United Technologies Corp is exploring a sale of its Chubb Fire & Security division for more than $3 billion, people familiar with the matter said on Monday.
PARIS, Sept 24 Reinsurer Scor's Chief Executive Denis Kessler has rejected an attempt by activist investor CIAM to get the French company to hold talks with rival Covea on its 8.2 billion euro ($9.65 billion) takeover offer.
DUBAI, Sept 24 Actis has been picked as the preferred bidder for the management rights of Abraaj's Africa funds, sources familiar with the matter said, as liquidators begin breaking up the operations of what was once the Middle East's largest private equity firm.
* Donatella Versace called staff meeting for Tuesday -source (Adds Michael Kors shares, analyst, Versace holding ownership)
SAO PAULO, Sept 24 Brazil's largest for-profit education firm, Kroton Educacional SA, said in a securities filing on Monday it has acquired a primary education school in the northern part of the country for an undisclosed amount.
Sept 24 Embassy Office Parks REIT filed for an initial public offering (IPO) consisting of a fresh issue worth up to 52.50 billion rupees ($722.84 million) on Monday, setting the stage for India's first real estate investment trust listing.
Sept 24 Embassy Office Parks REIT filed for an initial public offering consisting of a fresh issue worth up to 52.50 billion rupees ($722.84 million) on Monday, setting the stage for the listing of India's first real estate investment trust.
NEW DELHI, Sept 24 Private equity firms TPG Capital and Blackstone Group have submitted bids to buy beleaguered Indian carrier Jet Airways' stake in its frequent flyer loyalty programme, television channel CNBC TV18 reported on Monday, citing sources.
- Financial: Actis picked to take over Abraaj's Africa funds -sources
- Technology: RPT-FOCUS-As China builds biotech sector, cash floods U.S. startups
- Healthcare: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Consumer: UPDATE 3-Coronado kicks off $950 mln IPO, Australia's top coal float in 6 years
- Energy: Private equity-owned coal miner Coronado to raise up to $946 mln in IPO
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-KKR-backed Calsonic lines up 5 bln euro financing for Magneti takeover - sources
- M&As: PRESS DIGEST- British Business - Sept 25
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 4-Sears CEO Lampert offers new deals to avert bankruptcy
- IPOs: Private equity investors weigh exit from UAE school operator GEMS-sources
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund Man Group shares bounce after assets rise in first half
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 2-U.S. Justice Dept to discuss consumer protection at social media meeting