NEW YORK, Dec 13 The Rockport Group is exploring its options, including a possible sale, after one of the U.S. footwear maker's major debtholders took ownership of the company, people familiar with the matter said Wednesday.
NEW YORK, Dec 13 Swiss bank UBS has hired Chris Cormier to head up its technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) equity capital markets business in the Americas, according to a memo seen by Reuters.
* POINT72 ASSET MANAGEMENT LP REPORTS 5.6 PERCENT PASSIVE STAKE IN FIRST BANCORP AS OF DECEMBER 12 - SEC FILING Source text: (http://bit.ly/2Amj8PW) Further company coverage:
NEW YORK, Dec 13 US venue management firm SMG's leveraged buyout by Canadian private equity firm Onex Corp will be backed by a US$650m loan package, according to two sources familiar with the matter.
COPENHAGEN/LONDON, Dec 13 Activist hedge fund Primestone Capital on Wednesday urged U.S. cleaning equipment company Tennant and Danish peer Nilfisk to consider merging after building up minority stakes in both firms.
SAO PAULO, Dec 12 The operator of the Burger King fast-food chain in Brazil, BK Brasil Operação e Assessoria a Restaurantes SA, is expected to price its initial public offering near the top of the suggested price range, three people with direct knowledge of the matter said on Tuesday.
LONDON/FRANKFURT, Dec 13 Goldman Sachs Infrastructure Partners, London-listed 3i Infrastructure and Finnish pensions insurance company Ilmarinen are selling Finnish power grid company Elenia Oy to Allianz Capital Partners , Australian infrastructure investor Macquarie and the State Pension Fund of Finland.
OSLO, Dec 13 Drilling rig firm Seadrill confirmed on Wednesday it had received two rival bids for its debt restructuring from unsecured bondholders.
Dec 13 Deckers Outdoor Corp shareholders looked set to hand three board seats to Marcato Capital Management at the UGG boots maker's annual meeting on Thursday, capping a months-long bitter proxy contest.
Dec 13 Swedish hotelier Pandox has agreed to buy Britain's Jurys Inn hotel chain as part of an 800 million pound ($1.1 billion) deal with private equity investor Lone Star.
- Financial: 3i Infrastructure sells stake in Finnish power company Elenia
- Technology: BRIEF-Hive Blockchain Announces Expansion In Sweden, Up To $100 Mln Financing
- Healthcare: BRIEF-Nancy Cronin Reports 12.4% Passive Stake In Dynatronics Corp As Of Nov 29 - SEC Filing
- Consumer: BRIEF-VR Startup Dreamscape Immersive Raises Series B Financing Round To $30 Mln
- Energy: UPDATE 1-Seadrill bondholders propose alternative debt restructuring -sources
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-China's HNA says U.S lawsuit over failed deal 'baseless'
- M&As: BRIEF-Boulevard Acquisition Says Institutional Investors Agreed To Private Placement Of New Estre Shares For About $130 Mln
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 2-Brazil telecom Oi reaches breakthrough with creditors
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Unimin to buy shale sand supplier Fairmount in cash-and-stock deal
- Hedge Funds: Hedge funds add wary sterling bets before EU summit
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 3-WTO meeting ends in discord, ministers urge smaller-scale trade talks