SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 21 Uber Technologies Inc has hired a chief financial officer, the ride-services company said on Tuesday, filling a long-standing vacancy and clearing the way for a much-anticipated initial public offering next year.
Aug 21 Brokerage Morgan Stanley has suspended equity coverage on Tesla Inc, hinting that the U.S. bank may be doing business directly with the company as it explores options to go private, pushing the electric carmaker's shares up as much as 5 percent on Tuesday.
BRUSSELS, Aug 21 The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
LONDON, Aug 21 Sovereign wealth funds (SWFs) pulled $5.7 billion from stock and bond strategies managed by external asset managers in the second quarter, data from research firm eVestment showed on Tuesday, as trade tensions rocked financial markets.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug 21 Lyft has completed more than 5,000 self-driving rides through its ride-hailing app, the company said on Tuesday, as it aims to become a serious competitor in autonomous driving while its biggest rival, Uber, retrenches.
LONDON, Aug 21 The Abu Dhabi owner of Spanish energy company Cepsa is expected to opt for an IPO instead of a private stake sale and plans to launch the listing as early as September, according to four banking sources familiar with the deal.
OSLO, Aug 21 Rules governing Norway's $1 trillion wealth fund would allow it to stay on as an investor in Tesla if the electric carmaker goes private, its deputy CEO said on Tuesday.
* A Citic Capital unit offered $110 apiece for the company in June
STOCKHOLM, Aug 21 Swedish healthcare company Capio plans to sell its French business to Vivalto Sante in a deal worth up to 455 million euros ($520 million) to focus on its less capital intensive Nordic operations.
* SAID ON MONDAY THAT IT SEES H1 CONSOLIDATED LOSS AFTER TAX (IFRS) OF AROUND EUR 3.9 MILLION VS CONSOLIDATED NET INCOME OF EUR 29.1 MILLION YEAR AGO
- Financial: UPDATE 2-Australia's Healthscope to spin off hospitals as patient exodus hits profits
- Technology: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Healthcare: Lower recovery rates to haunt US leveraged loans
- Consumer: EU mergers and takeovers (Aug 20)
- Energy: Israel's Delek sells stake in infrastructure unit at $206 mln value
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-TPG Capital in talks to invest in India's Jet Airways - sources
- M&As: Serta Simmons to merge with Tuft & Needle
- Bankruptcy: Probe cites multiple causes for Puerto Rico's fiscal free fall
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Farfetch targets New York listing as luxury web sales thrive
- Hedge Funds: Hedge fund Man Group shares bounce after assets rise in first half
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 2-U.S. officials threaten Russia with 'much more economic pain'