NEW YORK, Dec 17 U.S. health insurer Humana Inc is in advanced talks to acquire acute care provider Kindred Healthcare Inc in partnership with private equity firms Welsh, Carson, Anderson & Stowe and TPG, a source familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
* HUMANA, PRIVATE-EQUITY FIRMS IN TALKS TO BUY KINDRED HEALTHCARE; DEAL WOULD VALUE KINDRED AT $9 PER SHARE- WSJ, CITING SOURCES Source text : http://on.wsj.com/2zjELSy Further company coverage:
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec 15 Ride hailing company Uber was obligated to turn over to a U.S. federal judge a letter from a former employee that told of the company's "fraud and theft" and mentioned evidence of stolen trade secrets nailed "like a scalp" to the wall, a court official said Friday.
* Co to return cash to shareholders barring other M&A (Adds Breakingviews link)
Dec 15 Procter & Gamble Co said it appointed Nelson Peltz to its board despite the activist investor narrowly losing a months-long proxy fight, the biggest ever involving a U.S. company.
Dec 15 Camuto Group, the U.S. footwear, clothing and accessories wholesaler known for its Vince Camuto shoes, has hired a turnaround consultant after a deal to sell itself to Aldo Group Inc fell through, according to a person familiar with the matter.
* CO SELLS ITS STAKE IN ANGLIAN WATER GROUP TO A CONSORTIUM OF DALMORE CAPITAL AND GLIL INFRASTRUCTURE LLP
Dec 15 Procter & Gamble Co said it appointed activist investor Nelson Peltz to its board following a certified recount of shareholder votes cast at its annual meeting in October.
* ELLIOTT MANAGEMENT REPORTS ECONOMIC EXPOSURE OF ABOUT 6.5 PERCENT OF THE SHARES OF COMMON STOCK IN AKAMAI TECHNOLOGIES INC AS OF DECEMBER 14 - SEC FILING
* ERIC J. WATSON REPORTS A 15.1 PERCENT STAKE IN LONG ISLAND ICED TEA CORP AS OF DECEMBER 6, 2017 - SEC FILING
- Financial: EU mergers and takeovers (Dec 15)
- Technology: BRIEF-Tar Holdings Reports 5.0 Percent Stake In Alaska Communications Systems Group
- Healthcare: BRIEF-Harren HCA Raises $23 Million In Equity Financing
- Consumer: BRIEF-Vintage Capital Management Reports A 9.9 Pct Passive Stake In Vitamin Shoppe
- Energy: GRAPHIC-After Asia's uneven 2017 share rally, laggards may draw inflows
- Industrials: Onex-backed Canadian renewables firm Pinnacle set to list -sources
- M&As: BHP and Esso to separately market Gippsland Basin gas -regulator
- Bankruptcy: BRIEF-Avaya Completes Financial Restructuring
- IPOs: Russian conglomerate Sistema's real estate unit shelves bond sale
- Hedge Funds: Big British local authority pensions step up hedge fund bets
- Regulatory News: U.S. labor board adopts business-friendly 'micro union' test