DUBAI, Jan 17 Air Arabia said on Thursday it has begun legal proceedings against Abraaj founder Arif Naqvi in a court in Sharjah, the latest challenge for the founder of the collapsed private equity firm.
KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 17 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Whether buying a fish fillet at a supermarket or ordering steak in a restaurant, consumers will soon be able to use their phones to check instantly whether their food is green and ethical.
Jan 16 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2100 GMT on Wednesday:
NEW YORK, Jan 16 Global blockchain company The Bitfury Group, valued recently at $1 billion, announced on Wednesday the launch of a music and entertainment division that will create an open-source music platform secured by the bitcoin blockchain.
Jan 16 Cloud technology company Infor Inc said on Wednesday it received an investment of $1.5 billion from shareholders Koch Equity Development LLC and private equity firm Golden Gate Capital.
Jan 16 Cloud technology company Infor Inc said on Wednesday it received an additional investment of $1.5 billion from shareholders Koch Equity Development LLC and private equity firm Golden Gate Capital.
NEW YORK, Jan 16 CommonGrounds, a California start-up trying to carve out a niche in the crowded flexible workspace sector with movable office walls, has raised $100 million from three investors, including the Emirati developer of Dubai's Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest skyscraper.
Jan 16 Pokemon Go creator Niantic Inc said on Wednesday it had raised $245 million in a new round of financing bringing its valuation to nearly $4 billion.
FRANKFURT, Jan 16 U.S. investment firm General Atlantic is buying a minority stake in Germany's powercloud GmbH, it said on Wednesday, adding it would support the energy software group in its expansion efforts.
MADRID/FRANKFURT, Jan 16 Private equity group Ardian is seeking to sell Schleich, the German maker of Smurf figurines as well as plastic animals, dinosaurs, knights and elves, two sources familiar with the deal said on Wednesday.
- Financial: China's Evergrande Health buys 51 pct of Swedish EV firm for $930 mln
- Technology: Rubrik valued at $3.3 bln in latest Bain Capital-led funding
- Healthcare: Swiss stocks - Factors to watch on Jan. 15
- Consumer: Pernod, Elliott met Jan. 15, talks to continue
- Energy: Deals of the day-Mergers and acquisitions
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-EQT to launch sale of Swiss outsourcing company VFS
- M&As: Bombardier CEO sees decision on loss-making CRJ jet this year
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Clothing retailer Gymboree files for bankruptcy again
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-UK retailer New Look's debt plan hits shares in parent Brait
- Hedge Funds: Pernod Ricard to meet activist Elliott ahead of earnings update - sources
- Regulatory News: UPDATE 6-Bid to keep U.S. sanctions on Russia's Rusal fails in Senate