WASHINGTON The U.S. House Ways and Means Committee voted on Wednesday to advance legislation to raise taxes on wealthy Americans and corporations to help fund President Joe Biden's $3.5 trillion in spending on childcare, education, housing and green energy.
WASHINGTON, Sept 15 The U.S. House Ways and Means Committee voted on Wednesday to advance legislation to raise taxes on wealthy Americans and corporations to help fund President Joe Biden's $3.5 trillion in spending on childcare, education, housing and green energy.
WASHINGTON Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives on Monday said they were continuing to work on legislation that would "undo" a cap on state and local tax deductions imposed by Republicans' 2017 tax reform law.
BOGOTA Colombian lawmakers have passed a tax bill set to raise $4 billion annually, the final step in long-running efforts by the government of President Ivan Duque to get a fiscal reform through Congress.
California-based hospital operator Sutter Health has agreed to pay $90 million to settle claims that it overcharged the federal government by misrepresenting the health of patients enrolled in privately administered Medicare Advantage plans.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Internal Revenue Service said on Tuesday that victims of Hurricane Ida, including all residents of Louisiana, will have until Jan. 3, 2022, to file individual and business tax returns and make tax payments due after Aug. 26.
(Reuters) -The White House is withholding support for a Democratic proposal to impose a pollution tax on imports from China and other countries, casting doubt on whether Democrats will be able to deploy what environmentalists consider one of the greatest weapons to tackle global climate change in a massive spending bill this year.
MEXICO CITY Interpol has at Mexico's request issued an international arrest warrant for Miguel Aleman, co-founder of budget airline Interjet, on criminal tax fraud charges, according to government sources and Mexican media.
NEW DELHI Volkswagen AG, the world's second-largest carmaker, is calling for lower import duties on electric cars in India to help drive demand for clean vehicles, echoing Tesla's recent pitch which has divided the country's auto industry.
The U.S. government has agreed to compensate a scientist who filed a whistleblower complaint that said former President Donald Trump's administration botched its early response to the coronavirus pandemic, the scientist's lawyer said on Monday.
- Financial: FACTBOX-What analysts have to say about Evergrande as default risks rise
- Technology: U.S. government panel reviewing Zoom deal to buy Five9
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-U.S. retail industry seeks 90-day lead time on COVID-19 rules
- Consumer: EXPLAINER-Why investigators are still probing Takata air bag inflators
- Energy: UPDATE 1-S.Africa grants Turkey's Karpowership licences for floating power generation
- Industrials: UPDATE 6-U.S. sues to stop American Airlines, JetBlue partnership
- M&A: UPDATE 7-DraftKings courts UK's Entain with $22.4 bln offer as U.S. sports betting spurs deals
- Bankruptcy: Takatso says it is still in talks over South African Airways investment
- IPOs: UPDATE 2-Nigeria raises $4 billion Eurobond on healthy investor demand
- Private Capital: Tegna confirms acquisition offers after report of bids from Apollo, Byron Allen
- Hedge Funds: Column: Positive oil outlook draws in fund managers