PARIS France plans to scrap 1 billion euros ($1.1 billion) of tax breaks for companies to help fund a pledged 5-billion-euro reduction in personal income taxes, Budget Minister Gerald Darmanin said on Sunday.
LUXEMBOURG European Union finance ministers have discussed on Friday a plan for a 0.2% tax on shares, which Germany sees close to be agreed, although further work remains to be done.
BEIJING China's Premier Li Keqiang said on Tuesday the government will continue to implement large-scale cuts in taxes and fees, state television said.
LONDON Boris Johnson, the front-runner to become Britain's next prime minister, said on Sunday he wanted to cut business taxes and relieve the income tax burden on some workers.
TOKYO Group of 20 finance ministers agreed on Sunday to compile common rules to close loopholes used by global tech giants such as Facebook to reduce their corporate taxes, a final communique issued by the bloc showed on Sunday.
FUKUOKA, Japan Group of 20 finance ministers agreed on Saturday to compile common rules to close loopholes used by global tech giants such as Facebook to reduce their corporate taxes, a copy of the bloc's draft communique obtained by Reuters showed. | Video
PARIS Governments have uncovered trillions of dollars in offshore funds since they began sharing in bulk bank account details last September, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation said on Friday.
British health minister Matt Hancock, who is a candidate for prime minister, has vowed to "level the playing field" by scrapping the business rates for small retailers while hitting tech giants with the new Amazon tax, The Telegraph reported on Thursday.
TOKYO Japan will explain to G20 members its plan to proceed with a planned sales tax hike in order to fund social security for all generations, the top government spokesman said on Thursday.
ROME Italy's ruling League party will scrap an 80-euro ($90) per month hand-out for low-earners as part of a sweeping simplification of the tax system it plans to adopt in next year's budget, the party's economics chief said.
- Financial: UPDATE 1-India to impose retaliatory tariffs on 28 U.S. goods from Sunday
- Technology: China's FedEx probe should not be seen as retaliation - Xinhua
- Healthcare: UPDATE 1-IBM, Walmart, Merck in blockchain collaboration with FDA
- Consumer: UPDATE 2-U.S. cities propose framework for nationwide opioid settlement talks
- Energy: CORRECTED-U.S. green groups ramp up legal attacks on federal oil leases
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Power producers to appeal bankruptcy court ruling on PG&E energy contracts
- M&A: UPDATE 2-Boeing says will take time to win back confidence
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-U.S. says $168 mln ITT for-profit student loans to be forgiven
- IPOs: Long-awaited London-Shanghai share listing project goes live
- Private Capital: UPDATE 1-Goldman Sachs combining its private-investing units - WSJ
- Hedge Funds: Record level of funds hedge against stocks fall - BAML survey