MOSCOW Some 25-30% of Russian oilfields will work under profit-based taxation by the end of the year, Deputy Finance Minister Alexei Sazanov was quoted as saying by TASS news agency on Friday.
MADRID A Spanish judge has seen "sufficient evidence" for Colombian singer Shakira to face trial for tax fraud, a court document released on Thursday said.
A California federal judge has ruled that the firing of a PricewaterhouseCoopers LLC senior manager after he told federal regulators that the accounting firm gave clients favorable audits to retain their business was not unlawful retaliation.
SEOUL South Korea will look to tighten a crackdown on tax evasion by cryptocurrency investors and high-income earners as it seeks fresh revenue to cover rising welfare costs, its finance ministry said on Monday.
BEIJING (Reuters) -China said on Monday the European Union's plan to impose the world's first carbon border tax will expand climate issues into trade in violation of international principles and hurt prospects for economic growth.
McDermott Will & Emery on Thursday announced it has brought on a trio of tax partners from Baker McKenzie and DLA Piper, including Jeffrey Maydew, the chair of Baker McKenzie's global tax planning and transactions practice group.
JERUSALEM Israel plans to impose a steep purchase tax on disposable utensils to discourage their use and protect the environment, government agencies said on Monday.
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -Some 35 million American families have received their first monthly payout from the U.S. government in an expanded income-support program that President Joe Biden said on Thursday could help end child poverty. | Video
WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The U.S. Treasury said on Wednesday that about $15 billion was paid to families in the first monthly installment of the Child Tax Credit that was expanded under President Joe Biden's $1.9 trillion COVID-19 legislation known as the American Rescue Plan.
JERUSALEM Israel will withhold $180 million in tax revenue it collect last year on behalf of the Palestinian Authority, or about 7% of the PA's total tax revenue, to offset stipends paid to militants and their families, the Israeli cabinet said on Sunday.
- Financial: Credit Suisse creates new asset management risk role
- Technology: Google says Microsoft balking at turning over documents in antitrust fight
- Healthcare: ANALYSIS-Biden's COVID-19 strategy thwarted by anti-vaxxers, Delta variant
- Consumer: CORRECTED-India equity deals set to pick up pace as investors hunt post-pandemic bets
- Energy: UPDATE 2-LG Chem profit surges on pandemic demand, EV battery sales improve
- Industrials: CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Desalination advances in California despite opponents pushing for alternatives
- M&A: Iliad makes indicative bid for Liberty Global's UPC Poland
- Bankruptcy: REFILE-UPDATE 1-U.S. House panel seeks J&J documents on baby powder bankruptcy plans
- IPOs: Russia's VTB says stake in car-sharing firm Delimobil is 13.4%
- Private Capital: UPDATE 3-French billionaire Niel bids $3.7 bln to take Iliad private
- Hedge Funds: Column: Positive oil outlook draws in fund managers