SYDNEY The Australian Taxation Office will investigate more than 20 million international visa holders and foreign students using data-matching audits to catch tax avoidance and enforce superannuation compliance, the agency said on Sunday.
HONG KONG Lenovo Group Ltd said on Wednesday it expected to make a one-off charge of $400 million for nine months ended in December due to a reassessment of U.S. deferred tax assets.
TORONTO Amazon.com Inc's inclusion of Canada's largest city on a list of 20 finalists for a massive new campus could escalate tensions between the tech giant and U.S. President Donald Trump. | Video
FRANKFURT Germany's Software AG on Thursday said it would take a hit in the mid-single digit million euros range for 2017 due to U.S. federal tax reforms.
SINGAPORE Singaporeans are not in favor of higher taxes to support their rapidly ageing population, a survey published on Thursday showed, and would prefer the country to tap its national reserves to deal with future social spending increases.
Apple Inc will open a new campus as part of a five-year, $30 billion U.S. investment plan and will make about $38 billion in one-time tax payments on its overseas cash, one of the largest corporate spending plans announced since the passage of a tax cut signed by U.S. President Donald Trump. | Video
NEW YORK Verizon Communications Inc said on Wednesday the tax overhaul bill signed into law by U.S. President Donald Trump late last year will result in a one-time reduction in net deferred income tax liabilities of about $16.8 billion.
LONDON As Britain's deadline for annual tax returns looms, revenue authorities have warned they will be keeping a sharp lookout for any mention of aliens.
MOSCOW The Russian government is considering increasing public spending on education, healthcare and infrastructure, officials said on Tuesday, a move that could involve tax changes that hit the wealthy.
WASHINGTON The U.S. Supreme Court on Friday agreed to decide whether to let states require online retailers to collect billions of dollars in sales tax, taking up South Dakota's dispute with three e-commerce companies.
- Financial: Possible Buffett heir Abel has small Berkshire stake, likely to grow
- Technology: BRIEF-Activision Blizzard Expands Size Of Board To Ten Members
- Healthcare: BRIEF-Stadium Capital Management LLC Reports 5.9 Percent Passive Stake In Civitas Solutions
- Consumer: UPDATE 1-Parent company of 7-Eleven agrees to divest some U.S. stores in Sunoco deal
- Energy: Parent company of 7-Eleven agrees to divest some U.S. stores in Sunoco deal
- Industrials: UPDATE 1-Ohio again asks U.S. regulators to stop drilling on Rover natgas pipe
- M&A: Advent in talks to buy 50 pct of Wal-Mart's Brazilian unit -report
- Bankruptcy: UPDATE 1-Management resigns from U.S. firm accused of $1.2 bln Ponzi scheme
- IPOs: UPDATE 1-Britain names banks to sell 30-year index-linked bond
- Private Capital: Vista Equity explores options for PowerSchool, PeopleAdmin-sources
- Hedge Funds: Commentary: Hedge funds start 2018 with record $19 billion bet on the euro