Edition:
United States

Mapfre SA (MAP.MC)

MAP.MC on Madrid SE C.A.T.S.

2.70EUR
11:35am EDT
Change (% chg)

€-0.03 (-1.17%)
Prev Close
€2.73
Open
€2.73
Day's High
€2.73
Day's Low
€2.69
Volume
2,483,116
Avg. Vol
3,652,434
52-wk High
€2.77
52-wk Low
€2.25

Latest Key Developments (Source: Significant Developments)

Mapfre Signs Agreement With Santalucía To Jointly Develop Their Funeral Business In Spain
Wednesday, 5 Jun 2019 05:07am EDT 

June 5 (Reuters) - Mapfre SA ::SIGN AGREEMENT WITH SANTALUCÍA TO JOINTLY DEVELOP THEIR FUNERAL BUSINESS IN SPAIN.ALLIANCE ENVISAGES INTEGRATION OF ALBIA AND FUNESPAÑA’S FUNERAL BUSINESSES.THE INITIAL VALUE OF THE ASSETS CONTRIBUTED TO THE ALLIANCE IS 322.5 MILLION EUROS.WILL OWN 25% OF SHARE CAPITAL OF ALLIANCE AND SANTALUCíA THE REMAINING 75%.  Full Article

Bankia Closes Deal With Mapfre For Restructuring Of Bancassurance Business
Monday, 1 Apr 2019 02:29am EDT 

April 1 (Reuters) - Bankia ::SAYS CLOSES AGREEMENT WITH MAPFRE FOR RESTRUCTURING PROCESS OF BANCASSURANCE BUSINESS.SAYS THE PRICE OF THE OPERATION AMOUNTS TO A TOTAL OF 110.3 MILLION EUROS.CLOSING OF TRANSACTION IMPLIES COMPLETION OF RESTRUCTURING PROCESS OF BANCASSURANCE BUSINESS LAUNCHED BY BANKIA.  Full Article

Mapfre Presents New Strategic Plan For 2019 - 2021
Friday, 8 Mar 2019 07:51am EST 

March 8 (Reuters) - Mapfre SA ::SAYS DIGITAL BUSINESS IS FORECAST TO GROW BY 41 PERCENT OVER NEXT THREE YEARS.NEW STRATEGIC PLAN ENVISAGES REVENUES OF 30 BILLION EUROS BY 2021 OR AVERAGE PREMIUM GROWTH OF 5 PERCENT OVER 3 YEARS AND AN AVERAGE ROE OF 10 PERCENT.SAYS AVERAGE COMBINED RATIO FOR NEXT THREE YEARS WILL BE 96 PERCENT.SAYS LIFE BUSINESS WILL BE BOOSTED, SEES AVERAGE ANNUAL PREMIUM GROWTH OF 8 PERCENT.APPROVES FY 2018 DIVIDEND OF 0.145 EUROS GROSS PER SHARE.  Full Article

Mapfre Sends Letter Of Interest To Caser On Possible Acquisition Of Majority Stake
Monday, 25 Feb 2019 04:09am EST 

Feb 25 (Reuters) - Mapfre SA ::SAYS SIMPLE LETTER OF INTEREST WAS SENT TO CASER REGARDING POSSIBLE ACQUISITION OF MAJORITY STAKE IN THE CO.SAYS LETTER DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY SPECIFIC ECONOMIC FIGURES, NOR ANY REFERENCE TO POSSIBLE PRICE OF TRANSACTION.  Full Article

Mapfre FY Net Profit Down 24.5 Pct At 528.9 Mln Euros YoY
Thursday, 7 Feb 2019 02:03am EST 

Feb 7 (Reuters) - Mapfre SA ::FY PREMIUMS 22.54 BILLION EUROS VERSUS 23.48 BILLION EUROS YEAR AGO.FY NET PROFIT 528.9 MILLION EUROS VERSUS 700.5 MILLION EUROS YEAR AGO.FY REVENUE 26.59 BILLION EUROS VERSUS 27.98 BILLION EUROS YEAR AGO.COMBINED RATIO 97.6 PERCENT AT END-DEC.TO PROPOSE DIVIDEND OF 0.085 EURO PER SHARE.  Full Article

Mapfre Says Has Not Met Requirements To Carry Out Squeeze Out On Funespana Shares
Monday, 3 Dec 2018 08:20am EST 

Dec 3 (Reuters) - Mapfre ::SAYS HAS NOT MET REQUIREMENTS TO CARRY OUT SQUEEZE OUT ON FUNESPANA <<>> SHARES.  Full Article

Delisting Takeover Bid By Mapfre For Funespana Has Been Accepted By 88.9 Pct Of Shares To Which Bid Was Addressed
Friday, 30 Nov 2018 08:32am EST 

Nov 30 (Reuters) - COMISION NACIONAL DEL MERCADO DE VALORES (CNMV)::DELISTING TAKEOVER BID BY MAPFRE FOR 100 PERCENT OF FUNESPANA, EXCEPT FOR IMMOBILIZED SHARES THAT REPRESENT 96.003 PERCENT OF SAID CAPITAL, HAS BEEN ACCEPTED BY 88.9 PERCENT OF SHARES TO WHICH BID WAS ADDRESSED AND 3.6 PERCENT OF SHARE CAPITAL OF FUNESPANA.  Full Article

Mapfre To Close Reorganization Of Alliance With Banco Do Brasil
Thursday, 8 Nov 2018 02:38am EST 

Nov 8 (Reuters) - Mapfre ::SAYS TO CLOSE REORGANIZATION OF STRATEGIC ALLIANCE FORMALIZED WITH BANCO DO BRASIL.TRANSACTION TO CLOSE NOV 30 AT WHICH DATE MAPFRE WILL PAY ABOUT 490 MILLION EUROS.  Full Article

Mapfre 9-Month Net Profit Up 19 Pct At 528.8 Mln Euros YoY
Thursday, 8 Nov 2018 02:31am EST 

Nov 8 (Reuters) - Mapfre SA ::9-MONTH PREMIUMS 17.22 BILLION EUROS VERSUS 17.99 BILLION EUROS YEAR AGO.9-MONTH REVENUE 20.30 BILLION EUROS VERSUS 21.29 BILLION EUROS YEAR AGO.9-MONTH NET PROFIT 528.8 MILLION EUROS VERSUS 444.6 MILLION EUROS YEAR AGO.COMBINED RATIO UP AT 98.1 PERCENT AT END-SEPT..RETURN ON EQUITY UP AT 9.2 PERCENT AT END-SEPT..  Full Article

Acceptance Period For Funespana Bid By Mapfre To Start On Nov. 5
Friday, 2 Nov 2018 05:31am EDT 

Nov 2 (Reuters) - Spain's Market Regulator CNMV::SAYS ACCEPTANCE PERIOD FOR DELISTING TAKEOVER BID OF FUNESPANA SA <<>> BY MAPFRE WILL BE EXTENDED FROM NOV. 5 TO NOV. 26.  Full Article

Generali, Catalana in final race for $682 mln Portuguese deal - sources

LONDON, June 26 Italy's top insurer Assicurazioni Generali and Spanish rival Grupo Catalana Occidente are vying to take control of Portuguese insurance firm Tranquilidade in a deal worth up to $682 million, five sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.