Canon Inc (7751.T)
Wed, Apr 25 2018
* Analysts cautious about OLED panel-making equipment sales (Adds CFO comment, background)
TOKYO, April 25 Japan's Canon Inc reported a 5.3 percent rise in first-quarter operating profit on Wednesday due to strong demand of semiconductor-making equipment. The firm, which also makes of cameras and printers, posted operating profit of 77.1 billion yen ($707.14 million) for the three months through March, from a year-before profit of 73.2 billion yen.
* MEMJET SAYS TERMS OF AGREEMENT REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
TOKYO Japan's Canon Inc said it expects operating profit to surge in 2018 to its highest level in a decade, helped by cost cuts in its copier and printer business as well as growth in new fields such as medical equipment and surveillance cameras.
* Forecasts stronger yen this year (Adds forecasts for Canon's mainstay businesses)
TOKYO, Jan 30 Japan's Canon Inc said on Tuesday it expects operating profit to climb 27 percent in 2018, marking its second consecutive year of profit gains as its efforts to diversify away from copiers and cameras pay off.
* Rating and Investment Information, Inc. (R&I) affirmed the company's rating at "AA+"-R&I
* CANON TO SPEND UP TO 400 BILLION YEN ($3.53 BILLION) ON ACQUISITIONS OVER NEXT 3 YEARS - NIKKEI