Chubu Electric Power Co Inc (9502.T)
15 Aug 2018
Fri, Aug 10 2018
* Japan's JERA, a joint venture between Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings and Chubu Electric Power, says it has agreed to buy a 50 percent stake in three natural gas-fired thermal power stations in the northeastern United States for an undisclosed sum.
* JERA Co, the world's biggest liquefied natural gas (LNG) buyer, says it has lowered the net profit outlook for fuel sales and overseas power generation by 80 billion yen to 140 billion yen ($1.33 billion)
* Chubu Electric Power Co announced on Tuesday it would pay 335 billion yen ($3.13 billion) as a capital contribution to fuel venture JERA Co to maintain its equal relationship with Tokyo Electric Power Co (Tepco)
* Japan's Osaka Gas sees no major impact on LNG procurement from the shutdown of ExxonMobil Corp's liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant in Papua New Guinea following a powerful earthquake in the country's remote highlands, company president Takehiro Honjo said on Tuesday
* Chubu Electric Power Co to pay around 350 billion yen ($3.29 billion) as a capital contribution to its JERA fuel joint venture with Tokyo Electric Power Co Holdings (Tepco), the Nikkei business daily said on Friday