Aldermore Group PLC (ALD.L)
19 Jan 2018
Wed, Dec 13 2017
Dec 13 British bank Aldermore Group, which has agreed to be taken over by South African lender FirstRand, said on Wednesday it had appointed Pat Butler as chairman starting from Jan. 1.
* SAYS ALDERMORE GROUP PLC IS PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE APPOINTMENT OF PAT BUTLER AS A NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR WITH EFFECT FROM 1 JANUARY 2018 AND AS CHAIRMAN DESIGNATE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Simon Jessop)
* ALDERMORE GROUP SAYS THAT AT COURT MEETING, GENERAL MEETING OF SHAREHOLDERS HELD IN CONNECTION WITH RECOMMENDED ACQUISITION BY FIRSTRAND, ALL RESOLUTIONS WERE DULY PASSED
* ALDERMORE - CO, FIRSTRAND OFFEROR CONFIRM THEY HAVE ENTERED INTO A DEED OF AMENDMENT TO EFFECT MINOR AMENDMENTS TO COOPERATION AGREEMENT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bengaluru Newsroom)
LONDON South African lender FirstRand has agreed a 1.1 billion pound ($1.3 billion) takeover of British banking newcomer Aldermore Group to boost its business in developed markets.
* South African group expands UK business with Aldermore deal
Nov 6 Aldermore Group and South African lender FirstRand said they had agreed on a 1.1 billion pound ($1.31 billion) takeover of the British bank.
* Aldermore's shares jump more than 18 pct (Adds industry context)
Oct 13 Aldermore Group Plc said on Friday it was in preliminary talks with South Africa's biggest lender by value, FirstRand, about a possible offer for the British lender.
* RECENTLY RECEIVED AN INDICATIVE PROPOSAL FROM FIRSTRAND LIMITED REGARDING A POSSIBLE OFFER