American Express Co (AXP.N)
20 Jul 2018
Mon, Jun 25 2018
WASHINGTON The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday sided with American Express Co and against 11 states, ruling that the company's policy of forbidding merchants from encouraging customers to use rival credit cards with lower fees does not violate federal antitrust law.
* American Express shares gain; rivals Visa, Mastercard drop (Adds comments by American Express, updates share prices)
* AMERICAN EXPRESS-U.S.SMALL BUSINESS CARD MEMBER LOANS 30 DAYS PAST DUE LOANS AS A%OF TOTAL 1.2 PERCENT AT APRIL END VERSUS 1.3 PERCENT AT MARCH END
* AMERICAN EXPRESS CO FILES FOR POTENTIAL NOTES AND FLOATING NOTES DUE 2021, SIZE NOT DISCLOSED - SEC FILING Source: (https://bit.ly/2GfoApF) Further company coverage:
* SETS REGULAR QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $0.35PER SHARE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
Credit card issuer American Express Co easily topped Wall Street targets for quarterly profit as record investments in card rewards and a strengthening U.S. economy contributed to higher customer spending.
April 18 Credit card issuer American Express Co easily topped Wall Street targets for quarterly profit as record investments in card rewards and a strengthening U.S. economy contributed to higher customer spending.
* QUARTERLY CONSOLIDATED EXPENSES WERE $6.9 BILLION, UP 9 PERCENT FROM $6.3 BILLION A YEAR AGO
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $1.71, REVENUE VIEW $9.46 BILLION -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S Further company coverage:
* AMERICAN EXPRESS - PRELIMINARY USCS CARD MEMBER LOANS 30 DAYS PAST DUE LOANS AS A % OF TOTAL 1.4 PERCENT AT MARCH END VERSUS 1.4 PERCENT AT FEB
- American Express Offers No Real Reason To Get Excited
- American Express Oversold On Revenue Miss; Earnings And Revenue Outlook Is Promising
- Amazon Tops $900 Billion In Market Value (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)
- Wall Street Breakfast: Race To $1T Market Cap
- How To Benefit From The Autonomous Vehicle Trend Starting As Soon As 2019
- American Express Company's (AXP) Steve Squeri on Q2 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript