Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA.MC)
21 Sep 2018
Wed, Sep 12 2018
MADRID, Sept 12 Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA is planning to lay off 984 workers in Mexico in 2018, a spokeswoman for the bank said on Wednesday.
* Most relevant exposure is to the energy sector (Adds details on provisions and analysts' quote)
MADRID Spain's BBVA posted solid second-quarter earnings on Friday as an upbeat performance in its main market Mexico offset lean business in Turkey that prompted the chief executive to call for tighter monetary and fiscal policy in the country.
* CEO calls for tighter fiscal and monetary policy in Turkey (Adds comments from conference call)
MADRID, July 27 Spain's BBVA said on Friday its second-quarter net profit rose 18.3 percent against the same period last year as a solid underlying performance in Mexico and Turkey offset currency depreciation.
MADRID, June 18 Spain's second-biggest bank BBVA on Monday said it had agreed to sell a property loan portfolio in Spain with a gross value of 1 billion euros ($1.16 billion) as it further reduces its non-performing assets from its balance sheet.
* Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria (BBVA) said on Thursday it has issued a 1 billion euro green bond, the largest ever by a Eurozone financial institution
* Lending under pressure but bad loans improve (Adds detail, shares)
April 27 Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria CEO Carlos Torres Vila:
April 27 Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria CFO Jaime Saenz de Tejada:
- 10 Top Gain Financial WallStars Garner 22% To 56% Broker Targets For September 2019
- Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. 2018 Q2 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- 'What A Wonderful World'? Well, That Very Much Depends Where You Look
- Emerging Markets Contagion: Crisis Of Confidence 101
- Will This Time Be Different? I Strongly Doubt That. So Should You!
- BBVA Bets Big On Fintech, But Must Focus On The Turkey Situation First