British American Tobacco PLC (BTIJ.J)
23 May 2018
Wed, May 2 2018
* BRITISH AMERICAN TOBACCO PLC - RECLASSIFICATION OF H1 2017 RESULTS FOR IFRS 15
British American Tobacco is raising its investment in new vaping devices again, as Big Tobacco reacts to new competitors such as fast-growing U.S. group Juul.
* Juul facing crackdown from U.S. regulator (Adds product details, industry context, share activity; changes headline)
April 25 British American Tobacco plans to increase investment in next-generation products such as e-cigarettes and devices that heat tobacco without burning it, this year, with a large number of launches planned for the end of third quarter.
NEW YORK Wall Street's three major indexes closed lower on Thursday, with tobacco stocks leading a tumble in consumer staples while concerns about smartphone demand hurt the technology sector and rising bond yields and earnings helped financials rebound. | Video
* Shares touch 18-month low (Adds CEO and investor comment, forex outlook, updated share price)
LONDON British American Tobacco's weaker than expected 2017 sales growth and progress on next-generation products combined to send its shares down more than 4 percent on Thursday.
LONDON, Feb 22 British American Tobacco reported higher full-year sales and profits on Thursday, helped by the acquisition of Reynolds American and market share gains.
LONDON, Jan 9 British American Tobacco said new U.S tax rules would boost its earnings per share by 6 percent in 2018, supporting its commitment to high-single-digit earnings growth and greater investment in vaping devices.
LONDON, Jan 9 British American Tobacco said on Tuesday that new U.S tax rules would boost its earnings per share by 6 percent in 2018, all other things being equal, supporting its commitment to high-single digit earnings growth.
- 2018 Fat Dividends Are On The Menu
- Retirement Security: How To Navigate Market Volatility
- Tracking Gardner Russo & Gardner Portfolio - Q1 2018 Update
- Joseph To Pharaoh: Save Surplus Grain For Inevitable Droughts And Famine
- Assessing Altria Group's Results For Q1 2018 (Includes Updated 2018 Dividend Projection)
- First Eagle Global Income Builder Fund Quarterly Commentary Q1 2018