Commerzbank AG (CBKG.DE)
Fri, Nov 17 2017
FRANKFURT BNP Paribas Chairman Jean Lemierre on Friday damped down speculation that France's biggest bank is interested in a tie-up with Germany's Commerzbank .
* Cerberus has sparked talk of German bank mergers (Adds Cryan comments on banking consolidation)
FRANKFURT Germany's Commerzbank has become the target of a tax evasion probe in which several current and former managers are suspected of evading 40 million euros ($47 million) in taxes via so-called dividend stripping.
* Commerzbank says has identified cum-ex trades in past (Adds details, background, further Commerzbank statement)
* CFO declines to comment on takeover speculation, saying only that the bank is focusing on long-term profitability Further company coverage:
* Says sticking with guidance that there will be no dividend for 2017 Further company coverage:
* Bank still sees a "slightly positive" net profit for 2017 (Adds detail and background)
FRANKFURT, Nov 9 Commerzbank swung to a net profit in the third quarter despite weak markets as the German lender focuses on a major overhaul.
MUNICH/FRANKFURT Commerzbank is working with two investment banks to prepare itself for the event of a takeover bid from a European rival, several people close to the matter said.
* German government retains 15.6 pct stake in Commerzbank (Adds Rothschild also mandated)
- PRO Weekly Digest: All About mREITs And BDCs With Scott Kennedy
- Citi Trends: Bucking The Trend
- Buy Christopher & Banks At 60% Off; Evidence Of A Potential Takeout In The Works
- Christopher & Banks' (CBK) CEO Joel Waller on Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Stocks Face Pressure On North Korea's Provocation
- Christopher & Banks' (CBK) CEO Joel Waller on Q1 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript