CBS Corp (CBS.N)
23 Feb 2018
Feb 15 CBS Corp topped Wall Street's quarterly revenue and profit estimates on Thursday as U.S. and international distributors licensed more of its shows.
Feb 15 Media company CBS Corp, which is exploring a merger with Viacom Inc, on Thursday reported a 85.2 percent drop in quarterly profit, largely due to a $129 million charge related to the recent changes in the U.S. tax law.
* REVENUES FOR Q4 OF 2017 INCREASED 11% TO A RECORD $3.92 BILLION
* APPALOOSA - CHANGE IN HOLDINGS ARE AS OF DEC 31, 2017 AND COMPARED WITH THE PREVIOUS QUARTER ENDED AS OF SEPT 30, 2017 Source text for quarter ended Dec 31, 2017: (http://bit.ly/2CmrRSi) Source text for quarter ended Sept 30, 2017 (http://bit.ly/2zJRjl2)
* OMEGA ADVISORS INC TAKES SHARE STAKE IN CBS CORP OF 318,000 CLASS B SHARES - SEC FILING
Viacom Inc , which is exploring a merger with CBS Corp , raised its forecast for full-year revenue from U.S. cable and satellite companies on Thursday, sending its shares up as much as 12 percent.
* Shares jump as much as 12 pct (Adds context, background on U.S. ad sales)
CBS Corp and Viacom Inc have formed special committees to explore a merger, the companies said on Thursday, the first step in potentially reuniting the companies split by media mogul Sumner Redstone more than a decade ago.
Feb 1 CBS Corp and Viacom Inc have formed special committees to explore a merger, the companies said on Thursday, the first step in potentially reuniting the companies split by media mogul Sumner Redstone more than a decade ago.
- Stocks To Watch: Investors Recharge After Soothing Fedspeak
- Tracking Larry Robbins' Glenview Capital Management Portfolio - Q4 2017 Update
- Tracking David Tepper's Appaloosa Management Portfolio - Q4 2017 Update
- Viacom Acquires VidCon To Continue Conference Expansion
- Content Licensing Powers CBS Past Estimates With A Robust 2018 Outlook Ahead
- CBS's Q4: Okay Results, But Everyone Is Thinking About The Possible Merger