Clariant AG (CLN.S)
19 Feb 2019
Wed, Feb 13 2019
ZURICH Clariant missed fourth quarter profit and sales expectations on Wednesday due to softening demand in Asia and Europe, sending shares in the Swiss specialty chemicals maker lower.
* Shares fall more than 3 pct (Adds comments from news conference)
* CLARIANT CFO SAYS DON'T SEE A SIGNIFICANT LONGTERM DOWNTURN
ZURICH, Feb 13 Clariant's fourth-quarter sales and operating profit fell, as the Swiss specialty chemicals maker saw its plastics and coatings business hurt by softening demand in Asia and Europe and exchange rates wiped out underlying sales growth.
BRIEF-ExxonMobil And Renewable Energy Group Partner With Clariant To Advance Cellulosic Biofuel Research
* EXXONMOBIL AND RENEWABLE ENERGY GROUP PARTNER WITH CLARIANT TO ADVANCE CELLULOSIC BIOFUEL RESEARCH
FRANKFURT/ZURICH Switzerland's Clariant has begun the sale of its pigments business as part of wider a streamlining which it has said it will complete by the end of 2020, sources said.
FRANKFURT/ZURICH, Jan 9 Switzerland's Clariant has begun the sale of its pigments business as part of wider a streamlining which it has said it will complete by the end of 2020, sources said.
FRANKFURT/ZURICH, Jan 9 Clariant is launching the sale of its pigments business as the Swiss chemicals group streamlines its portfolio following a deal that saw a Saudi Arabian peer become its biggest shareholder last year.
* REG-WENDEL STRENGTHENS ITS POSITION IN STAHL BY ACQUIRING 4.8% OF THE CAPITAL FROM CLARIANT FOR €50 MILLION
* SAYS REDUCED ITS STAKE IN NETHERLANDS-BASED STAHL GROUP BY 25 % FROM 19.7 % TO 14.8 %