Centrica PLC (CNA.L)
Centrica stepped up plans for job cuts and cost savings on Thursday after the owner of energy supplier British Gas reported a 17 percent fall in annual operating profit.
* Annual savings target increased to 1.25 bln stg from 750 mln
Feb 22 Britain's largest energy supplier Centrica, which issued a profit warning in November, raised its cost efficiency programme target by 500 million pounds ($694.00 million) and said it would cut about 4,000 jobs by 2020.
LONDON, Nov 23 A fall in Centrica's shares weighed on British stocks on Thursday, but a rebound in housebuilders and a weak pound provided enough support to recoup most of the morning's losses.
LONDON, Nov 23 British Gas owner Centrica shed around a fifth of its market value on Thursday after warning its 2017 earnings would be well below forecasts due to fierce competition for business customers in North America and Britain.
LONDON, Nov 23 A drop in Centrica's shares after a trading update weighed on the blue chip FTSE 100 on Thursday, while housebuilders recovered some ground.
LONDON, Nov 23 European shares tumbled on Thursday, tracking more timid Wall Street trading as volumes thinned out for the Thanksgiving holiday, with British stocks leading losses as energy firm Centrica plummeted after results.
LONDON, Nov 20 Centrica, Britain's biggest domestic electricity and gas supplier, has set out plans to reform its pricing by withdrawing the most common form of tariff, the standard variable tariff, ahead of government intervention in the market.
- Semper Augustus Investments Group 2017 Letter To Clients
- CNA Financial: When The 'Special Dividend' Remains Regular
- CNA Financial's (CNA) CEO Dino Robusto on Q4 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- CNA Financial Corporation 2017 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- CNA Financial: A 6% Implied Yielder
- The Highest Potential Company You've Never Heard Of