Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO.OQ)
Thu, Nov 16 2017
NEW YORK Wall Street's main indexes rose sharply on Thursday boosted by earnings-related gains in Wal-Mart and Cisco, while a tax bill expected to boost corporate earnings passed its first, if smallest, hurdle. | Video
* Dow up 0.8 pct, S&P 500 up 0.82 pct, Nasdaq up 1.30 pct (Updates to close)
* Dow up 0.83 pct, S&P 500 up 0.86 pct, Nasdaq up 1.38 pct (Updates prices, adds tax bill vote, changes comment, byline)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.55 pct, S&P 0.44 pct, Nasdaq 0.72 pct (Updates to open)
Nov 16 U.S. stocks indexes opened higher on Thursday after two days of losses, driven by strong earnings from Wal-Mart and Cisco.
* Futures up: Dow 68 pts, S&P 7.75 pts, Nasdaq 26 pts (Adds comment, details, updates prices)
Cisco Systems Inc reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit on Wednesday, driven by gains from its newer businesses such as security, which more than offset declines in its traditional switches and routers business.
* Revenue from software subscriptions was 52pct of our software revenue- CFO, conf call
Nov 15 Cisco Systems Inc reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit on Wednesday, driven by gains from its newer businesses such as security, which more than offset the declines in its traditional switches and routers business.
Nov 15 Cisco Systems Inc, which has been diversifying its offerings away from switching and routing, reported a 3.1 percent rise in quarterly profit on Wednesday, driven by growth in its newer areas, such as security, and lower expenses.
- Cisco: Turning Into Another IBM?
- Thursday Was About Wal-Mart And Cisco - Cramer's Mad Money (11/16/17)
- 40 Dividend Stocks Battling Into 2018
- The Old Technos Are Back
- 46 Of 80 'Safer' Dividend Technology Dogs Have Cash To Cover November Dividends But Will They Pay?
- Cisco Systems, Inc. 2018 Q1 - Results - Earnings Call Slides