Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc (DO.N)
16 Feb 2018
Mon, Feb 12 2018
Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc's Chief Executive Officer Marc Edwards said the rig contractor's path to recovery is starting to take shape after the company posted fourth-quarter revenue that beat analysts' estimates on Monday.
* CEO says utilization is improving (Adds CEO, analyst quotes, background and share price)
Feb 12 Rig contractor Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc posted a quarterly loss compared with a profit a year ago, when the company gained 26 cents per share from a contract dispute settlement.
* AS OF DECEMBER 31, 2017, COMPANY'S TOTAL CONTRACTED BACKLOG WAS $2.4 BILLION
BRIEF-Diamond Offshore Drilling Says Will Not Record Charge To Financial Results For Qtrly Period Ended Dec 31, 2017 Related To Discounted Standby Dayrate
* DIAMOND OFFSHORE DRILLING - WILL NOT RECORD CHARGE TO FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR QUARTERLY PERIOD ENDED DEC31, 2017 RELATED TO DISCOUNTED STANDBY DAYRATE Source text: (http://bit.ly/2rWxJS7) Further company coverage:
BRIEF-Diamond Offshore Drilling Says Co And Petrobras Agreed To Settle Lawsuit And Amend Ocean Valor Drilling Contract
* DIAMOND OFFSHORE DRILLING INC SAYS THE CO AND PETROBRAS AGREED TO SETTLE LAWSUIT AND AMEND OCEAN VALOR DRILLING CONTRACT
* DIAMOND OFFSHORE DRILLING - ON NOV 20, CFO KELLY YOUNGBLOOD NOTIFIED COMPANY OF HIS INTENTION TO RESIGN
Diamond Offshore on Monday reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit after securing more contracts for its deep-water drilling rigs at better rates, sending its shares up as much as 8.3 percent.
Oct 30 Diamond Offshore on Monday reported a higher-than-expected quarterly profit after securing more contracts for its deep-water drilling rigs at better rates, sending its shares up as much as 8.3 percent.
* Q3 earnings per share view $0.20 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S