Dollarama Inc (DOL.TO)
11 Dec 2017
Wed, Dec 6 2017
* DOLLARAMA ANNOUNCES SPECIFIC SHARE REPURCHASE PROGRAM AS PART OF NORMAL COURSE ISSUER BID
Dec 6 Canadian dollar-store chain Dollarama Inc topped analysts' forecasts for third-quarter profit, as it opened more stores and benefited from higher customer spending on average.
* Q3 SALES C$810.6 MILLION VERSUS I/B/E/S VIEW C$824.4 MILLION
Dec 6 Canadian dollar store chain Dollarama Inc's profit rose 18.2 percent in the third quarter, as shoppers spent more on average at its stores.
* Dollarama announces plan to buy back shares through private agreements
Canada's Dollarama Inc reported a better-than-expected profit for the ninth straight quarter as customers spent more at its dollar stores, helped by its policy to accept credit cards for payments.
* Shares rise as much as 10.6 pct to record high (Adds CEO comments, Q2 details; updates share movement)
* Q2 sales C$812.5 million versus I/B/E/S view C$812.6 million
Sept 7 Canadian dollar-store operator Dollarama Inc reported a 24 percent rise in quarterly profit on Thursday as customers on average spent more at its stores.
Dollar Tree Inc's plan to more than quadruple its store count in Canada, as it fights rising competition and slowing sales growth back home, is fraught with risks and will pit it against a formidable rival - market leader Dollarama.
- May ETF Flows: Moving Abroad
- Beyond Dividends: Beating The Market With Shareholder Yield
- March's Single Best CCC Stock In Each Industry
- March's Best And Worst 15 CCC Stocks With Market Caps Greater Than $20 Billion And Yield Greater Than 2%
- Is Reality Catching Up With Investors' Favourite Narratives?
- Paying My Bills With Dividends