Datatec Ltd (DTCJ.J)
20 Nov 2017
Mon, Nov 13 2017
* DATATEC LTD - H1 CONTINUING OPERATIONS: REVENUE US$1.84 BILLION (H1 FY17: US$1.98 BILLION)
JOHANNESBURG, Oct 24 South African IT group Datatec will cancel its secondary listing on the London's junior market AIM, it said on Tuesday, citing illiquidity and a failure to attract investors. Datatec, which maintains its Johannesburg listing, will stop trading in London on Dec. 8. (Reporting by Tiisetso Motsoeneng; editing by Jason Neely)
* SUBSIDIARY LOGICALIS GROUP ENTERED AN AGREEMENT TO SELL ITS SERVICE MANAGEMENT CONSULTANCY OPERATION, LOGICALIS SMC Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* SEES FOR H1 FY18 UNDERLYING EARNINGS PER SHARE WILL BE BETWEEN 1 AND 2 US CENTS, 84% - 92% BELOW H1 FY17
* COMPLETED SALE OF ITS WESTCON-COMSTOR BUSINESS IN NORTH AMERICA AND LATIN AMERICA AND OF 10 PCT OF REMAINING PART OF WESTCON TO SYNNEX CORP
* Its subsidiary Logicalis Group Limited ("logicalis") has acquired a 51 pct stake in Nubeliu Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Datatec Ltd - unit Logicalis Group and Indonesian partner Metrodata, agreed to acquire majority stake in Packet Systems Indonesia
June 6 The following bids, mergers, acquisitions and disposals were reported by 2000 GMT on Tuesday: ** Canadian drugmaker Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc is in talks to sell its Bausch & Lomb unit's surgical products business to Germany's Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Bloomberg reported.
JOHANNESBURG Datatec Ltd unveiled plans on Tuesday to sell its Westcon-Comstor American operations to Synnex Corp , a deal worth up to $800 million that allows the South African IT firm to offload part of a problematic business.
* Deal expected to close in Q3 (Adds comment by Datatec's CEO)