Emerson Electric Co (EMR.N)
17 Nov 2017
Thu, Nov 16 2017
U.S. industrial automation equipment company Emerson Electric Co raised its cash-and-stock offer to acquire Rockwell Automation Inc to $29 billion on Thursday, ratcheting up pressure on its smaller peer to engage in deal talks.
* Rockwell shares up 7 pct, Emerson down 2 pct premarket (Adds Rockwell's statement, analysts' comments, BreakingViews link, and updates shares)
* Rockwell automation to review revised unsolicited proposal from emerson
BRIEF-Emerson proposes to acquire Rockwell Automation in cash and stock transaction valued at $29 billion
* Emerson proposes to acquire Rockwell Automation for $225 per share in cash and stock transaction valued at $29 billion
Nov 16 Emerson Electric Co boosted its takeover offer for Rockwell Automation Inc to about $29 billion, after a previous offer of $27.6 billion was rebuffed last month.
MUNICH Siemens is not interested in taking part in large industrial automation merger deals at the moment, its chief executive said when asked about consolidation in the context of Emerson Electric's attempt to buy Rockwell Automation .
MUNICH, Nov 9 Siemens is not interested in taking part in large industrial automation merger deals at the moment, its chief executive said when asked about consolidation in the context of Emerson Electric's attempt to buy Rockwell Automation.
Rockwell Automation Inc Chief Executive Blake Moret said on Wednesday that he would stick with delivering the company's factory automation equipment on one platform, reinforcing its rebuff of Emerson Electric Co's $27.6 billion takeover bid.
* Sees FY18 adj. EPS $7.20-$7.50 vs est $7.38 (Adds CEO comments, background on the companies, updates shares)
U.S. factory automation equipment maker Rockwell Automation Inc said on Wednesday it would stick to its current strategic plan, after rebuffing a more than $27 billion takeover bid from larger rival Emerson Electric Co's in October.
- Tracking Tweedy Browne Portfolio - Q3 2017 Update
- Retirement Strategy: Dividend Growth Investing In A Scary Market
- 16 Dividend Increases: November 6-December 1, 2017
- Retirement Strategy: The Hope And Prayer Strategy Is A Plan To Fail
- Emerson Electric - Rockwell Is Not The Automatic Solution
- The Week That Was In Review - November 10, 2017