Gold Fields Ltd (GFIJ.J)
14 Dec 2018
Thu, Dec 13 2018
JOHANNESBURG, Dec 13 Workers will return to Gold Fields' sole South African mine on Thursday after a six-week strike was called off by the country's National Union of Mineworkers (NUM), with production likely to resume in earnest next year. Workers from the largest union operating at the South Deep mine downed tools in November after the bullion producer announced plans to cut 1,100 jobs at the mine - near a third of its workforce.
JOHANNESBURG Gold Fields said on Wednesday it had offered union members striking at its South Deep mine in South Africa an increased severance package to try to resolve the dispute which has halted production.
JOHANNESBURG, Nov 28 Gold Fields said on Wednesday it had offered union members striking at its South Deep mine in South Africa an increased severance package to try to resolve the dispute which has halted production.
LIMA, Sept 13 South African miner Gold Fields Ltd aims to extend the life of its Cerro Corona gold mine in Peru through 2040 with an investment of at least $240 million, the company's vice president for the Americas said late on Wednesday.
* Gold Fields H1 profit unchanged (Recasts with CEO comment, adds results, share price)
* Shares down more than 12 pct (Adds CEO, mines minister, union comment, details)
- Mining Finance: Mining For The Miner Or Mining For The Bank?
- Gold Fields: South Deep Strike Begins, Guidance Lowered
- A New Western Australian Gold Rush Has Begun
- Asanko Gold: Q3 Shows Improvements, But Shares Will Likely Stagnate
- Now May Be The Time To Buy Into The Gold Majors
- Gold Mining Bull: Top News For October 2018