Gold Fields Ltd (GFIJ.J)
20 Jul 2018
Wed, May 30 2018
LIMA, May 30 South Africa's Gold Fields is setting aside pursuit of new acquisitions for a year as it focuses on its existing operations and nearby prospects instead, the bullion producer's chief executive told Reuters late on Tuesday.
SANTIAGO South African miner Gold Fields Ltd will complete preparatory work in 2019 at its Salares Norte project in northern Chile and is eyeing potential output of around 345,000 ounces of gold a year at the site by the early 2020s, a company executive said.
JOHANNESBURG South Africa's Gold Fields will buy a near 50 percent share of Asanko Gold Inc's Ghana subsidiary and take a stake in the Canadian miner in a $202.6 million deal, it said on Thursday.
* Bullion miner to fund transaction through cash and debt (Adds CEO quote, analyst comment on debt levels)
JOHANNESBURG, March 29 South Africa's Gold Fields said it will buy a 50 percent stake in Asanko Gold Inc's Ghana subsidiary and take a stake in the Canadian miner in a $202.6 million deal.
* ENTERED INTO A DEFINITIVE AGREEMENT WITH ASANKO GOLD TO FORM A 50:50 INCORPORATED JOINT VENTURE
* ASANKO GOLD TO RECEIVE US$185 MILLION FROM GOLD FIELDS FOR 50% JOINT VENTURE INTEREST AND US$17.6 MILLION FOR 9.9% PRIVATE PLACEMENT IN ASANKO GOLD
* Improving efficiency at South Deep a priority (Recasts with South Deep loss)
- Gold Fields: A Buying Opportunity With $6/Share Upside Potential
- Gold Fields Will Play Smart In 2019 And Beyond
- Resource Sector Digest: Sandstorm Gold And The Beauty Of Depletion
- Gold Mining Bull: Top News And Month In Review
- GDXJ: The Market's Best Risk Play?
- Gold Fields Limited 2017 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides