Hiscox Ltd (HSX.L)
Tue, May 8 2018
May 8 Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox saw insurance rates in London improve in the first quarter and its overall gross written premiums rise 24 percent, helped by strong demand for flood and other property insurance.
May 8 Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox on Tuesday reported a 24.3 percent rise in gross written premiums in the first quarter compared to the same period a year ago, helped by growth in its retail business.
* LEARNED OF AN INFORMATION SECURITY INCIDENT AFFECTING A SPECIALIST LAW FIRM IN US THAT PROVIDED ADVICE TO HISCOX OR ITS POLICYHOLDERS
* HISCOX LTD - MEDIAN HOURLY PAY GAP IN UK IS 26.2%, OR ON A MEAN BASIS, 31.1%- 2017 UK GENDER PAY REPORT
* Annual pretax profit slumps over 90 pct to 30.8 million pounds
LONDON, Feb 26 European shares opened slightly higher on Monday with gains across bourses and sectors, as focus gradually shifts from the earnings season to monetary policy and politics this week with Italy's general election on Sunday.
* FY GROSS PREMIUMS WRITTEN 2,549.3 MILLION STG VERSUS 2,402 MILLION STG REPORTED A YEAR AGO
Feb 26 Lloyd's of London underwriter Hiscox reported an over 90 percent fall in full-year pretax profit, as it faced the costliest year ever for insurers and reinsurers due to natural disasters, and pointed to improved pricing in the aftermath.
* STEVE LANGAN, CEO OF HISCOX UK & EUROPE, WILL RELOCATE TO NEW YORK TO TAKE UP ROLE OF CEO HISCOX USA, EFFECTIVE FROM 1 JULY 2018