Indivior PLC (INDV.L)
23 Mar 2018
Fri, Mar 23 2018
Shares in Britain's Indivior were hammered on Friday after it lost a second legal case in recent months in its battle to protect the patent of its opioid addiction treatment that generates 80 percent of its revenues.
* Analysts doubt generic launch in near term (Adds analysts comments, context, updates shares)
LONDON, March 23 Britain's Indivior, the maker of opioid addiction treatment Suboxine Film, said it would fight a U.S. court ruling in favour of would-be generic competitor Alvogen that could pave the way to the launch of a rival to its major product.
* RESPONDS TO COURT RULING IN ANDA LITIGATION AND ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO APPEAL
* SUBLOCADE IS NOW AVAILABLE AS FIRST AND ONLY MONTHLY INJECTABLE BUPRENORPHINE IN U.S. TO TREAT PATIENTS WITH MODERATE TO SEVERE OPIOID USE DISORDER Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON Britain's Indivior is launching a new weapon to fight the U.S. opioid crisis this month, but high hopes for its once-monthly injection were offset on Thursday by the need to set aside more cash for legal disputes.
LONDON, Feb 15 Britain's Indivior is launching a new weapon to fight the U.S. opioid crisis this month, but high hopes for its once-monthly injection were offset on Thursday by the need to set aside more cash for legal disputes.
LONDON, Feb 15 Britain's Indivior, which makes drugs to treat opioid addiction and plans to launch a key new product this month, said on Thursday it had increased provisions for investigative and antitrust litigation matters to $438 million.
* FY 2017 NET REVENUE AT $1,093M (FY 2016: $1,058M) INCREASED 3% ON A REPORTED BASIS (3% AT CONSTANT EXCHANGE)
* U.S. UNIT FILED PATENT LAWSUITS AGAINST DR. REDDY'S, ACTAVIS, PAR, ALVOGEN AND TEVA FOR INFRINGEMENT OF UNITED STATES PATENT NO. 9,855,221