Informa PLC (INF.L)
23 Mar 2018
Wed, Feb 28 2018
* Events revenue at Informa, UBM ahead of expectations (Adds CEO and analyst comments, details, share move)
Feb 28 British event organiser Informa Plc and its takeover target UBM Plc reported a rise in adjusted full-year earnings on Wednesday, helped by strength in their events businesses.
* FY ADJUSTED OPERATING PROFIT GROWTH: +31.3% TO £545.5M (2016: £415.6M)
LONDON Britain's Informa will achieve cost savings of at least 60 million pounds ($84.6 million) a year from its takeover of rival UBM , it said on Tuesday.
* Takeover will create global leader in events and conferences
* EXPECTS TO REPORT 2017 FULL YEAR RESULTS IN LINE WITH EXPECTATIONS OUTLINED WITHIN ITS 10-MONTH TRADING STATEMENT PUBLISHED ON 9 NOV Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.firstname.lastname@example.org)
LONDON, Jan 30 Britain's Informa sealed its 3.8 billion pound ($5.3 billion)takeover of conference organiser UBM on Tuesday, creating an enlarged business information and events firm.
LONDON Britain's Informa struck a deal to buy conference organizer UBM for 3.8 billion pounds ($5.2 billion) in cash and stock on Wednesday, forming a world-leading business events and exhibitions group worth 8 billion pounds.
* UBM shares jump 10 pct, Informa falls 10 pct (Adds Informa CEO comments, analyst reaction, updates shares)
* PROPOSED COMBINATION OF INFORMA PLC AND UBM PLC TO CREATE LEADING B2B INFORMATION SERVICES GROUP
- Infrastructure Investing: Your Lasting Impact On EM And Portfolios
- February: Contrarian Closed-End Funds Opportunities Abound
- Brookfield Global Listed Infrastructure Income Fund: A Leveraged Bet On Midstream Pipelines
- The Nickel Bull And Norilsk
- 'Black Monday 2018' Biggest CEF Gainers And Losers
- January: Closed-End Funds Underperform A Strong Market