Deutsche Lufthansa AG (LHAG.DE)
FRANKFURT Germany's Lufthansa sent shockwaves through the European airline sector on Monday as it cut its full-year profit forecast, with lower prices and higher fuel costs compounding the effect of losses at its budget subsidiary Eurowings. | Video
* Huatai's GDRs rise on London market debut (Adds details, updates to closing prices)
* ANNOUNCES STRATEGIC COOPERATION WITH EXPEDIA GROUP Source text: https://bit.ly/2x0XvEK Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* Points finger at competition on European routes (Adds comments, updates share prices)
June 17 London's main stock index inched higher on Monday in line with marginal gains across Europe, as rises in banking shares outweighed the impact of a profit warning from Germany's Lufthansa on airlines.
FRANKFURT, June 17 German airline Lufthansa on Sunday lowered its profit outlook for the full year 2019, citing intense competition from low-cost rivals over prices in Europe.
* DGAP-ADHOC: DEUTSCHE LUFTHANSA AG: LUFTHANSA GROUP ADJUSTS ITS FULL YEAR OUTLOOK AND MAKES PROVISION FOR A TAX RISK
* MAY AVAILABLE CARGO TONNE-KILOMETERS (M) 1,516, +7.3% Source text: https://bit.ly/2Zrz53p Further company coverage: (Gdynia Newsroom)
* SAYS APRIL NUMBER OF PASSENGERS RISES BY 3.0 PERCENT YEAR-ON-YEAR AT 12,5 MILLION PASSENGERS
BONN, Germany Lufthansa will make an offer for Thomas Cook's German airline Condor with an option to acquire the remaining airlines of the British travel group, Lufthansa's CEO said on Tuesday.