Lonmin PLC (LONJ.J)
17 Aug 2018
Thu, Jun 28 2018
JOHANNESBURG/LONDON, June 28 Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) unconditionally cleared Sibanye-Stillwater's proposed takeover of Lonmin on Thursday saying the mining merger would not require a second phase investigation.
JOHANNESBURG, June 28 Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) gave its unconditionally clearance to miner Sibanye-Stillwater's proposed takeover of Lonmin on Thursday saying it would not refer the merger for a second phase investigation.
* Shares in Sibanye down 28 percent since start of May (Adds non-debt options)
LONDON, May 18 Sibanye-Stillwater is confident its planned purchase of Lonmin will go ahead, but the struggling platinum producer must slow its cash burn, the South African firm's chief executive said.
LONDON Britain's Competition and Markets Authority said it will examine whether a takeover of Lonmin by South Africa's Sibanye-Stillwater would reduce competition, knocking shares in both mining firms.
* Shares in Lonmin, Sibanye fall (Adds Sibanye comment, updates shares)
May 15 Britain's Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said on Tuesday it would examine whether a takeover by South Africa's Sibanye-Stillwater of miner Lonmin, would lessen competition.
* GRAPHIC: https://reut.rs/2KmVuY7 (Adds detail, quotes, analysts, shares, Johannesburg dateline)
LONDON, May 14 Lonmin said on Monday it narrowed its first-half operating loss and lowered its spending target for the year as the platinum miner prepared for a merger with Sibanye-Stillwater,
- Wal-Mart: How A Retail Superpower Could Fall This Decade
- 5 Stocks To Buy On A Market Bounce
- This Little-Known Gold Stock Could Easily Double In 2012
- African Barrick Finds High Grade Gold In Greenstone Belts
- New Data On Loncor's Prospects Point To Share Appreciation
- Loncor: A Junior Gold Miner Poised For Huge Gains