Metro Inc (MRU.TO)
20 Apr 2018
* Shares close 11 percent down (Adds detail, pay negotiations, updates shares)
FRANKFURT, April 20 German retailer Metro lowered its earnings outlook for its fiscal year 2017/18, citing a poor performance at its Russian operations and sending its shares lower.
BERLIN, March 27 German retailer Metro said on Tuesday it is trying a new approach to find a new wage deal with employees at its struggling Real hypermarket chain after two years of talks with trade union Verdi failed to yield results.
* FY TOTAL REVENUE 7,395 MILLION BAHT VERSUS 7,651 MILLION BAHT; FY NET PROFIT 235.1 MILLION BAHT VERSUS 188.1 MILLION BAHT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* SAYS SEES SUSTAINABLE SALES GROWTH AND STABLE EBIT DEVELOPMENT IN FINANCIAL YEAR 2016/17
* SAYS WILL PREFER EXPANSION OF MARKET POSITION IN GERMANY TO IMPROVED EARNINGS Further company coverage:
* Shares rise 2 percent in pre-market trade (Adds details, share price indication)
BERLIN, Feb 13 German retailer Metro managed to make up for a drop in quarterly profits at its Russia business by an absence of restructuring expenses at its Real hypermarkets and other one-off income, confirming on Tuesday its full-year forecasts.
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW C$0.59 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S