WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW.L)
Wed, Apr 4 2018
LONDON, April 4 British market leader Tesco and No. 4 Morrisons continued to outperform rival "big four" supermarkets in the 12 weeks to March 25, as both recorded sales growth of 2.4 percent, industry data compiled by Kantar Worldpanel showed on Wednesday.
LONDON British supermarket group Morrisons said on Wednesday it would boost its campaign to recruit more local suppliers, seeking to further differentiate itself in a brutally competitive grocery market.
* On track to hit financial targets (Recasts with CEO comments at briefing, updates shares)
* CEO SAYS SPECIAL DIVIDEND "AN IMPORTANT SIGNAL" OF COMPANY'S PROGRESS
LONDON, March 14 Morrisons, Britain's No. 4 grocer beat forecasts with an 11 percent rise in full-year profit, benefiting from an improved performance from stores as well as a push into wholesale and online markets, and said it would pay a special dividend.
(Adds detail, table, shares) LONDON, March 6 Market leader Tesco and No. 4 Morrisons were jointly the fastest growing of Britain's big four supermarkets over the last three months, while No. 2 Sainsbury's was the laggard, industry data showed on Tuesday. Market researcher Kantar Worldpanel also said grocery inflation was 2.9 percent in the 12 weeks to Feb. 28, down from 3.6 percent in its last report. Prices are rising fastest in markets such as butter, fresh fish and fr
LONDON, March 6 Market leader Tesco and No. 4 Morrisons were the best performers of Britain's big four supermarkets over the last three months, industry data showed on Tuesday.
* MORRISONS ANNOUNCES ACQUISITION OF YORKSHIRE EGG BUSINESS CHIPPINDALE FOODS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
* Tesco, Sainsbury's made similar moves last month (Adds detail)
* European shares rally continues on cyclical strength * STOXX 600 benchmark at fresh 2-1/2 year highs * Global earnings revisions at all-time high - Citi * European stocks offer catch-up potential - UBS * Morrisons gains after Xmas update beats expectations Jan 9 Welcome to the home for real time coverage of European equity markets brought to you by Reuters stocks reporters and anchored today by Helen Reid. Reach her on Messenger to share your thoughts on ma
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- Is It Still Safe to Buy Wm. Morrison Supermarkets?
- This P/E Suggests Wm. Morrison Supermarkets Is a Hold
- 3 Neil Woodford Fast Dividend Growers