WM Morrison Supermarkets PLC (MRW.L)
16 Feb 2018
Thu, Feb 1 2018
* Tesco, Sainsbury's made similar moves last month (Adds detail)
* European shares rally continues on cyclical strength * STOXX 600 benchmark at fresh 2-1/2 year highs * Global earnings revisions at all-time high - Citi * European stocks offer catch-up potential - UBS * Morrisons gains after Xmas update beats expectations Jan 9 Welcome to the home for real time coverage of European equity markets brought to you by Reuters stocks reporters and anchored today by Helen Reid. Reach her on Messenger to share your thoughts on ma
* Squeezed UK shoppers focus on food, drink over Christmas (Adds detail on discounters, analyst comment, updates shares)
LONDON, Jan 9 The UK's top share index came within a whisker of a record high on Tuesday as Morrisons led a buoyant retail sector on the back of a well-received Christmas trading update.
(Adds table, quote) LONDON, Jan 9 Britain's biggest supermarket group Tesco was the best performer over Christmas, Kantar Worldpanel said on Tuesday, with a 3.1 percent rise in sales in the past 12 weeks beating its "big four" rivals Sainsbury's, Asda and Morrisons. Asda, owned by Walmart, increased sales by 2.2 percent in the period to Dec. 31, while 2.1 percent more came through the tills at Morrisons and Sainsbury's was up 2.0 percent, the research group said. But gro
* CFO SAYS COMFORTABLE WITH ANALYSTS' 2017-18 PRETAX PROFIT CONSENSUS OF 371 MILLION STG
LONDON, Jan 9 Morrisons, Britain's No. 4 supermarket group, beat forecasts for underlying sales in the key Christmas period, with the rate of growth picking-up from the previous quarter.
* Comfortable with analysts' full-year profit forecasts (Adds detail, CEO, CFO, analyst comment, shares)
* CFO says comfortable with analysts' consensus for 2017-18 profit Further company coverage: (London Newsroom)
LONDON, Nov 2 Morrisons, Britain's fourth largest supermarket group, on Thursday reported another rise in quarterly sales, though its rate of growth did slow a touch.
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- Is It Still Safe to Buy Wm. Morrison Supermarkets?
- This P/E Suggests Wm. Morrison Supermarkets Is a Hold
- 3 Neil Woodford Fast Dividend Growers