Massmart Holdings Ltd (MSMJ.J)
24 Nov 2017
Fri, Sep 29 2017
JOHANNESBURG, Sept 29 A violent protest flared on Friday at a Johannesburg store run by Wal-Mart's South African unit Massmart where workers have staged a week-long strike over wages.
JOHANNESBURG Massmart Holdings Ltd , the South African arm of Wal-Mart , reported a small rise in half-year earnings on Thursday, helped by cost cuts as cash-strapped shoppers spent warily.
JOHANNESBURG, Aug 24 Massmart Holdings Ltd , the South African arm of Wal-Mart, reported a small rise in half-year earnings on Thursday, helped by cost cuts as cash-strapped shoppers spent warily.
* H1 HEADLINE EARNINGS 328.6 MILLION RAND VERSUS 320.6 MILLION RAND A YEAR AGO
JOHANNESBURG, Aug 24 Massmart Holdings Ltd , Wal-Mart Store's South African unit, reported a slight increase in half-year earnings on Wednesday, helped largely by cost cuts as cash-strapped consumers spent warily.
JOHANNESBURG, July 17 South African retailer Massmart reported a sharp slowdown in half-year sales growth on Monday as its home market slipped into recession.
* Massmart's total sales for 26 weeks to 25 June 2017 amounted to 42.5 bln rand, representing an increase of 0.5 pct
JOHANNESBURG, May 25 South African-based retailer Massmart, majority-owned by Wal-Mart Inc , reported on Thursday a near 2 percent fall in overall same-store sales in the first five months of the current year, as outlets outside its home market underperformed.
JOHANNESBURG, May 25 South African retailer Edcon has chosen former Massmart boss Grant Pattison to take over as chief executive next year, the company said on Thursday.
- Tracking Allan Mecham's Arlington Value Capital Portfolio - Q3 2017 Update
- MSC Industrial Direct (MSM) Presents At Robert W. Baird 2017 Global Industrial Conference - Slideshow
- 95 Dividend Growth Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Next Week
- Better Late Than Never For MSC Industrial
- MSC Industrial Direct's (MSM) CEO Erik Gershwind on Q4 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- 36 Dividend Increases: October 23-27, 2017 (Part 3: Other Sectors)