NH Hotel Group SA (NHH.MC)
Fri, Jan 19 2018
MADRID China's HNA [HNAIRC.UL] said on Friday it had hired banks to look for buyers of its majority stake in Spain's NH Hotel Group , just days after NH turned down a takeover offer from Spanish peer Barcelo.
MADRID, Jan 19 China's HNA said on Friday it had hired banks to look for buyers of its majority stake in Spain's NH Hotel Group, just days after NH turned down a takeover offer from Spanish peer Barcelo.
* (PUBL) SIGNS LEASE AGREEMENTS FOR HOTEL BLOOM! AND HOTEL BERLAYMONT IN BRUSSELS WITH NH HOTEL GROUP
Grupo Barcelo has made a tentative takeover approach for rival NH Hotel Group to create the biggest hotel operator in Spain, where tourism is booming.
* Approval of Chinese shareholder HNA seen as key (Updates with share price reaction)
* Confirms it has approached NH Hoteles on a potential merger
Nov 20 NH Hotel Group confirmed on Monday it had received a possible takeover offer from rival Spanish hotel group Grupo Barcelo in a deal that could create the biggest hotel group in Spain.
Nov 20 Family-owned Spanish hotel group Barcelo has proposed to buy rival NH Hotel Group in a multi-billion dollar merger that would create the largest Spanish hotel group, Expansión newspaper reported on Monday, citing sources.
* DEFINITIVE ACQUISITIONS REPRESENT INVESTMENT OF EUR 111 MILLION AND ARE EXPECTED TO BE COMPLETED BETWEEN END 2018 AND BEGINNING OF 2019
* 9-MONTH RECURRING NET PROFIT 27.1 MILLION EUROS VERSUS 4.5 MILLION EUROS YEAR AGO