PG&E Corp (PCG.N)
Thu, Aug 30 2018
California's legislature is scheduled to vote late on Friday on a bill that could help PG&E Corp avert potentially crippling liability for wildfires that ravaged northern parts of the San Francisco Bay Area last year.
PG&E Corp has hired law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP to explore debt restructuring options, people familiar with the matter said on Tuesday, as California's biggest utility grapples with liabilities stemming from last year's wildfires in the state that analysts estimate could exceed $8 billion.
PG&E Corp will record $2.5 billion in pre-tax expenses in the second quarter related to wildfires in California, the electric utility said on Thursday, two weeks after state officials blamed its power lines for sparking the fires.
* Utility's stock rises nearly 2 percent (Adds analyst and CFO comment, share price)
* CNOOC - PARENT CO CHINA NATIONAL OFFSHORE OIL CORPORATION SIGNED TWO PRODUCTION SHARING CONTRACTS WITH HUSKY OIL OPERATIONS (CHINA) LIMITED
* QTRLY NON-GAAP EARNINGS FROM OPERATIONS WERE $0.91 PER SHARE
* PARENT COMPANY SAYS ITS ABILITY TO PAY PRINCIPAL AND INTERESTS ON BONDS WILL NOT BE AFFECTED BY LISTED ARM'S CURRENT OPERATING ENVIRONMENT Source text in Chinese: https://bit.ly/2Fc4pZe Further company coverage: (Reporting by Hong Kong newsroom)
(Corrects headline and first paragraph in April 13 story to show Diablo Canyon 1 reactor remains at 50 percent power, and had not ramped up to full power, following clarification from the U.S. NRC. Also corrects second paragraph to say Diablo Canyon 2 was at 100 percent, and not 50 percent power.) April 13 PG&E Corp's 1,122-megawatt Unit 1 at the Diablo Canyon nuclear power plant in California was at 50 percent power as of early Friday, unchanged from Thursday, the U.S.
* RECEIVED PROCEEDS FROM LOAN WITH PARENT CO, SFA SEMICON CO LTD AMOUNTING TO US$30 MILLION Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
BRIEF-China Mobile Says Parent Co Obtained Operating Permit For LTE/4G Digital Cellular Mobile Service
* CHINA MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS GROUP OBTAINED OPERATING PERMIT FOR LTE/4G DIGITAL CELLULAR MOBILE SERVICE (LTE FDD) Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Wall Street Breakfast: Big Display At Apple Product Event
- Tracking David Tepper's Appaloosa Management Portfolio - Q2 2018 Update
- PG&E 'Bailout': When Will Dividends Resume?
- California's Regulations Are Hurting This Value Stock
- Tracking David Abrams' Abrams Capital Management Portfolio - Q2 2018 Update
- Tracking Seth Klarman's Baupost Group Holdings - Q2 2018 Update