Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (RBS.L)
21 Jun 2018
Wed, Jun 13 2018
LONDON, June 13 Britain's markets watchdog said it expected to complete its enforcement investigation into alleged mistreatment by Royal Bank of Scotland of small business customers by the end of next month.
LONDON Royal Bank of Scotland Chief Executive Ross McEwan said on Thursday the bank wants to buy back some of its own shares from the government, if approved by the regulator and if it did not jeopardize the bank's return to dividend payments.
LONDON, June 7 Royal Bank of Scotland Chief Executive Ross McEwan said on Thursday the bank wants to buy back some of its own shares from the government, if approved by the regulator and if it did not jeopardise the bank's return to dividend payments.
* Johnston Press slumps 17.6 pct after profit warning (Adds closing prices)
LONDON Britain has sold some of its holding in Royal Bank of Scotland , the bank which it rescued in the 2008 financial crisis, but has taken a loss of more than 2 billion pounds ($2.68 billion) on the deal. | Video
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - It’s not often that Philip Hammond can lose over 2 billion quid and congratulate himself on a job well done. Nevertheless, the famously dour UK chancellor deserves limited abuse for selling a 7.7 percent stake in Royal Bank of Scotland for 271 pence per share. While that’s well below the 502 pence average price the government paid to rescue the bank during the last financial crisis, he has some reasonable excuses.
LONDON, June 5 Royal Bank of Scotland weighed on Britain's FTSE 100 on Tuesday after the government sold a stake in the bank, while a rising pound after strong services data piled extra pressure on the internationally-exposed index.
* Marks important moment for RBS - CEO (Adds RBS CEO quote, shares and more details)
LONDON, June 5 Britain's government sold approximately 7.7 percent of Royal Bank of Scotland shares , the bank said in a regulatory filing on Tuesday.
LONDON Britain is selling some of its stake in Royal Bank of Scotland for about 2.6 billion pounds ($3.5 billion), although it will realize a significant loss as it unwinds its holding and returns the bailed-out lender to private hands.
- Tesla Shareholders Will Vote On Critical Executive Decisions (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)
- Wall Street Breakfast: Eyes On Tesla's Shareholder Meeting
- Italy's Failure To Form A Governing Coalition Seen As Referendum On The E.U. (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)
- Wall Street Breakfast: Turmoil In Italy Raises Euro Stakes
- Bank Of England Monetary Policy; California To Mandate Residential Solar Panels (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)
- Wall Street Breakfast: Super Thursday At The Bank Of England