Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (RBS.L)
16 Nov 2018
Fri, Nov 16 2018
LONDON, Nov 16 Royal Bank of Scotland and Nordea have been dropped from a global list of banks that must hold extra capital due to their size, while French group BPCE has been added, the Financial Stability Board said on Friday.
* McEwan has played down rumours of his imminent exit (Adds quote, background context)
LONDON, Nov 14 Royal Bank of Scotland on Wednesday said it had appointed Alison Rose to the role of deputy chief executive of NatWest Holdings, the bank's main operating unit which houses its retail banking business.
LONDON The British government has set out its exit strategy from its biggest taxpayer-funded bailout of the financial crisis, announcing plans to sell all of its shares in Royal Bank of Scotland by 2024.
LONDON, Oct 29 The British government has set out its exit strategy from its biggest taxpayer-funded bailout of the financial crisis, announcing plans to sell all of its shares in Royal Bank of Scotland by 2024.
LONDON, Oct 29 The British government plans to sell all its remaining shares in taxpayer-owned Royal Bank of Scotland by 2023-24, according to a document published by the country's budget watchdog on Monday.
LONDON Royal Bank of Scotland has set an extra 100 million pounds ($128 million) aside to account for possible bad loans as a result of Brexit uncertainty, in the first concrete sign this is clouding the outlook of a big British bank. | Video
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - RBS is still finding its state embrace uncomfortable. In the decade since the UK lender wound up with a majority government stake it has been dragged over the coals for its bonuses, its lending policies and allegedly driving healthy businesses to the wall. Friday’s 100 million pound provision to cover the risk of a messy UK exit from the EU is the latest sign of its awkward state/private sector hybrid.
* Bank takes 200 mln stg PPI provision (Adds explanation for provision, updates shares)
LONDON, Oct 26 UK shares fell by more than 1 percent on Friday as disappointing U.S. and European results stirred concern about slowing corporate growth, with RBS hitting February 2017 lows and the defence sector knocked by Saudi tensions.
- The Royal Bank Of Scotland: Avoid This Mess
- (Bank Of) America: Don't Let Me Down, Again
- Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC (RBS) CEO Ross McEwan on Q3 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc 2018 Q3 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- Wild Ride Ahead Of GDP Data (Wall Street Breakfast Podcast)
- Wall Street Breakfast: Wild Ride Ahead Of GDP Data