Saga PLC (SAGAG.L)
18 Dec 2017
Wed, Dec 6 2017
Saga's shares slumped on Wednesday after the travel and insurance group for the over 50s said underlying pretax profit would rise by just 1-2 percent in the current year and fall 5 percent next year.
* Shares fall more than 20 pct to low of 135 pence (Adds CEO comments, details, updates shares)
Dec 6 Britain's Saga Plc said it expected its full-year underlying pretax profit to grow by just 1-2 percent due to more challenging trading in insurance broking and the collapse of Monarch Airlines.
* GROUP'S GROWTH IN UNDERLYING PBT 1 IS EXPECTED TO BE BETWEEN 1% AND 2% FOR YEAR ENDED 31 JANUARY 2018
Oct 24 Saga Plc, a provider of travel and insurance services for people of 50 and above, said Chairman Andrew Goodsell intends to retire in 2018, after 26 years with the company.
* SAGA CHAIRMAN ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO RETIRE AND BOARD LAUNCHES SEARCH FOR SUCCESSOR
* Two new cruise ships due to launch by 2020 (Adds CEO, CFO, analyst comments; FTSE 250 performance)
LONDON, Sept 22 British over-50s travel and insurance company Saga Plc reported a 5.5 percent rise in first-half pre-tax profit, bolstered by strong demand for holidays among older Britons.
* Underlying profit before tax £110.2 million versus £104.5 million in H1 2016
* Core insurance and travel businesses have continued their good start to year with backdrop of a changing political and economic environment