J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
26 Sep 2018
Thu, Aug 23 2018
Aug 23 UK's competition regulator is starting a formal investigation into the proposed merger of supermarket chains Sainsbury and Walmart's Asda.
* Asda sales up 3.7 pct in 12 weeks to July 15 - Kantar Worldpanel * Sainsbury's sales up 0.8 pct * Sainsbury's agreed 7.3 bln stg deal to buy Asda in April * Sainsbury's shares down 0.4 pct (Adds details of Kantar commentary, updates shares) By James Davey LONDON, July 24 Asda, the British supermarket arm of Walmart, recorded its strongest sales growth in more than five years over the last quarter, while Sainsbury's , which has agreed to buy its smaller riv
* Anglo American up on report of possible bid for South Africa business
LONDON, July 4 Britain's top share index fell back on Wednesday, weighed down by fresh weakness among miners and energy stocks, though investors cheered Sainsbury's trading update.
LONDON, June 13 A British parliamentary committee will question the CEOs of the UK's no.2 supermarket Sainsbury's and its third-biggest supermarket Asda ahead of their proposed combination, as scrutiny of the deal cranks up.
* HOURLY RATE FOR EMPLOYEES TO INCREASE FROM £8 TO £9.20 PER HOUR
LONDON Britain's competition regulator has invited all interested parties to submit their views on a proposed 7.3 billion pound ($9.9 billion) deal to combine Sainsbury's with Walmart's Asda supermarket chain.
* UK business minister wants suppliers to be considered (Adds intervention by UK business minister)
LONDON, May 18 Britain's competition regulator on Friday invited all interested parties in the proposed deal to combine Sainsbury's with Walmart's Asda to comment on the impact it could have.
LONDON, May 10 Morrisons, Britain's fourth biggest supermarket operator, beat forecasts for first-quarter underlying sales growth helped by growth in its wholesale business.
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- 3 Shares Trading at 2012 Prices
- Is It Still Safe to Buy J. Sainsbury?
- 5 FTSE Dates for Your June Diaries