J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
11 Dec 2018
* Asda alone among big four in holding market share * Asda sales up 1.5 pct, Sainsbury's down 0.2 pct * Overall UK market grows at slowest rate since March 2017 * Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons shares fall (Adds detail, table, shares) LONDON, Dec 11 Asda, the British arm of Walmart that has agreed a takeover by rival Sainsbury's , was alone among the country's big four grocers in holding its market share in the latest 12-week period, industry data showed on Tues
LONDON, Dec 4 British supermarket group Sainsbury's proposed takeover of rival Asda would not be cleared by the competition regulator without the need for "extensive remedies" if precedent is followed, according to market leader Tesco.
* Regulator launched in-depth investigation of deal last month
LONDON, Oct 16 Britain's competition regulator said it would include German discounters Aldi and Lidl, and online retailer Amazon in its probe into Sainsbury's and Asda's proposed merger, as well as long-standing supermarket rivals such as Tesco.
Aug 23 UK's competition regulator is starting a formal investigation into the proposed merger of supermarket chains Sainsbury and Walmart's Asda.
* Asda sales up 3.7 pct in 12 weeks to July 15 - Kantar Worldpanel * Sainsbury's sales up 0.8 pct * Sainsbury's agreed 7.3 bln stg deal to buy Asda in April * Sainsbury's shares down 0.4 pct (Adds details of Kantar commentary, updates shares) By James Davey LONDON, July 24 Asda, the British supermarket arm of Walmart, recorded its strongest sales growth in more than five years over the last quarter, while Sainsbury's , which has agreed to buy its smaller riv
* Anglo American up on report of possible bid for South Africa business
LONDON, July 4 Britain's top share index fell back on Wednesday, weighed down by fresh weakness among miners and energy stocks, though investors cheered Sainsbury's trading update.
LONDON, June 13 A British parliamentary committee will question the CEOs of the UK's no.2 supermarket Sainsbury's and its third-biggest supermarket Asda ahead of their proposed combination, as scrutiny of the deal cranks up.
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- 3 Shares Trading at 2012 Prices
- Is It Still Safe to Buy J. Sainsbury?
- 5 FTSE Dates for Your June Diaries