J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
23 Mar 2018
Tue, Mar 6 2018
(Adds detail, table, shares) LONDON, March 6 Market leader Tesco and No. 4 Morrisons were jointly the fastest growing of Britain's big four supermarkets over the last three months, while No. 2 Sainsbury's was the laggard, industry data showed on Tuesday. Market researcher Kantar Worldpanel also said grocery inflation was 2.9 percent in the 12 weeks to Feb. 28, down from 3.6 percent in its last report. Prices are rising fastest in markets such as butter, fresh fish and fr
* CONTRACT IS FOR INGENTA ADVERTISING SOLUTION Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (London Newsroom)
LONDON Britain's Sainsbury's said on Thursday it has purchased the Nectar loyalty card business from Canada's Aimia for 60 million pounds ($85 million), boosting the supermarket group's control of customer data.
LONDON, Feb 1 Britain's Sainsbury's said on Thursday it has purchased the Nectar loyalty card business from Canada's Aimia for 60 million pounds ($85 million), boosting the supermarket group's control of customer data.
* DEAL FOR A GROSS CONSIDERATION OF APPROXIMATELY $105 MILLION (OR £60 MILLION)
LONDON Sainsbury's , Britain's second largest supermarket group, said on Tuesday it would restructure its store management as it seeks to achieve another round of targeted cost savings.
LONDON, Jan 23 Sainsbury's, Britain's second largest supermarket group, said on Tuesday it would shake up its store management structure as it seeks to achieve targeted cost savings.
* General merchandise sales fall, clothing sales growth slows
* SHARES UP 1.7 PERCENT AFTER FIRM BEATS FORECASTS FOR CHRISTMAS TRADING, UPGRADES PROFIT OUTLOOK
LONDON, Jan 10 Sainsbury's, Britain's No. 2 supermarket group, reported a slight beat to forecasts for sales growth in its key Christmas quarter and said it was edging up its full-year profit guidance, helped by synergies from the Argos business.
- European Markets Mixed; Tesco Probe, Declining Sales Hit British Grocers But Zalando Zooms
- European Markets Drift as They Wait for Central Bank Stimulus
- Markets Still Worried by Geopolitical Tensions, but London Gets Boost from Tesco
- 3 Shares Trading at 2012 Prices
- Is It Still Safe to Buy J. Sainsbury?
- 5 FTSE Dates for Your June Diaries