Shoprite Holdings Ltd (SHPJ.J)
17 Aug 2018
Wed, Jun 27 2018
JOHANNESBURG South African tycoon Christo Wiese sold part of his stake in grocer Shoprite on Wednesday, raising 3.6 billion rand ($264 million) and shoring up his finances, which were dented by his exposure to scandal-hit Steinhoff.
JOHANNESBURG, June 27 South African tycoon Christo Wiese sold part of his stake in grocer Shoprite on Wednesday, raising 3.6 billion rand ($264 million) and shoring up his finances, which were dented by his exposure to scandal-hit Steinhoff.
* RECALLED BATCH OF FARMER’S DELI RED VIENNAS PACKED FOR THE GROUP FROM ITS PERISHABLE DEPARTMENTS
* Shares hit all-time high following after-hours results (Releads, adds quotes, detail)
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 27 South African Shoprite Holdings will expand into Kenya, its chief executive Pieter Engelbrecht said on Tuesday, as Africa's biggest grocer looks to take advantage of the growing east African economy.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 26 South Africa's Shoprite defied a struggling domestic economy with double-digit profit growth on Monday, as its new strategy to sell ready-made gourmet products began to pay off.
JOHANNESBURG, Feb 26 Shoprite Holdings, Africa's biggest grocer, on Monday posted a 14.2 percent jump in half-year profit, boosted by a strong performance in its core domestic supermarket operations.
* HY DILUTED HEADLINE EARNINGS PER SHARE OF 525.2 CENTS, UP 14.2%
- David Marcus Discusses the Policy Aspects of Corporate Inversions
- European Markets Are Spooked by Ukraine and Gaza, but AbbVie Gets Shire Deal
- AbbVie Continues To Pursue Irish Drugmaker Shire With Higher Offer
- European Markets Rise Despite Iraq Conflict, as Local Economy and Stocks Take Center Stage
- IPO Preview: Acceleron Pharma
- FTSE Shares That Soared and Plunged This Week