Sky PLC (SKYB.L)
15 Dec 2017
Fri, Dec 15 2017
LONDON Britain's Sky and BT have agreed to supply their most popular channels to each other's platforms in a deal that eases the rivalry between two pay-TV giants facing new threats from the likes of Netflix and Amazon.
LONDON, Dec 15 Britain's leading pay-TV companies Sky and BT have agreed to supply their most popular channels to each other's platforms in a thawing of a once difficult relationship.
* SKY NOTES TODAY'S ANNOUNCEMENT BY 21CF AND DISNEY REGARDING DISNEY'S AGREEMENT TO ACQUIRE 21CF
* UK'S TAKEOVER PANEL - DISNEY INFORMED EXECUTIVE IT DOES NOT BELIEVE COMPLETION OF ACQUISITION SHOULD TRIGGER MANDATORY BID OBLIGATION UPON DISNEY (CORRECTS SOURCE)
LONDON, Dec 6 Britain's competition regulator will publish its provisional findings into the planned takeover of pay-TV group Sky by Rupert Murdoch's Fox in January and not December as originally planned, it said on Wednesday.
* Sky soars as U.S. firms interested in Fox News assets (Updates prices at close)
NEW YORK A growing number of investors are plowing money into commodities, seeking to diversify their holdings on gnawing concerns about a stock market correction as equities scale new highs almost daily.
By Devika Krishna Kumar and Chris Prentice NEW YORK, Nov 9 A growing number of investors are plowing money into commodities, seeking to diversify their holdings on gnawing concerns about a stock market correction as equities scale new highs almost daily. Low interest rates, solid economic growth across the globe and rising corporate earnings have hoisted the S&P 500 16 percent this year. It reached an all-time high on Tuesday. By contrast the bellwether S&P Goldma
LONDON British broadcaster Sky has said that it could shut down Sky News if its ownership of the channel proves to be an obstruction to the company's 11.7 billion-pound ($15.4 billion) takeover by Rupert Murdoch’s Twenty-First Century Fox . | Video
LONDON Investor Crispin Odey said he opposed Twenty-First Century Fox's $15 billion bid for Sky after a report of separate talks between Rupert Murdoch and Walt Disney Co added more uncertainty to a takeover facing regulatory hurdles. | Video
- Daily Insider Ratings Round Up 10/20/17: SKY, TTS, AXDX, CNBKA
- Daily Insider Ratings Round Up 10/18/17: GNMX, SKY, AXDX, CONN, PWON, SXCP, CCUR
- Daily Insider Ratings Round Up 7/24/17: CSX, IPI, SKY, CPAH, TTS, VIRT, SKIS
- Week 11 Breakout Forecast: Short-Term Picks To Give You An Edge
- Don't Buy Into Skyline's Rally
- Nobility Homes- Shifting Demographics Will Provide High Topline Growth Going Forward