Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF.TO)
Wed, Nov 8 2017
TORONTO Two of Canada's biggest insurance companies reported third-quarter earnings on Wednesday that beat market expectations, benefiting in part from strong growth in Asia.
* Sun Life looking for more Asian acquisitions (Adds comments from Manulife, Sun Life CEOs)
* Q3 earnings per share view c$1.01 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Sun Life Financial increases common share dividend and declares dividends on preferred shares
TORONTO, Nov 8 Canadian insurer Sun Life Financial reported third-quarter earnings that were ahead of market expectations, benefiting from a strong performance across all of its businesses.
* Sun Life Global Investments to acquire Excel Funds Management Inc and Excel Investment Counsel Inc
* Sun Life Financial Inc - normal course issuer bid will commence on August 14, 2017 and continue until August 13, 2018
* Greig Woodring stepping down from the board of directors of Sun Life Financial Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
- Sun Life Financial's (SLF) CEO Dean Connor on Q3 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Sun Life Financial's (SLF) Presents at Scotiabank Financials Summit 2017 Conference (Transcript)
- Sun Life Financial's (SLF) CEO Dean Connor on Q2 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Canada's Top Insurance Companies: Sun Life Financial
- Canada's Top Insurance Companies: Intact Financial
- Sun Life Financial, Inc. - Less Volatile Than Its Largest Canadian Counterpart