Smith & Nephew PLC (SN.L)
Wed, Apr 4 2018
LONDON, April 4 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew, a perennial target of takeover speculation, said on Wednesday it had appointed a new chief executive with a track record of deal-making.
LONDON, April 4 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew said on Wednesday it had appointed Namal Nawana to replace Olivier Bohuon as chief executive of the British company next month.
A federal appeals court on Wednesday upheld the validity of a surgical tool patent over which medical device maker Smith & Nephew PLC won a $4 million verdict against rival Hologic Inc.
* SMITH & NEPHEW PLC - ANNOUNCES FULL COMMERCIAL RELEASE OF JOURNEY II XR TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
LONDON, Feb 8 Artificial hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew scraped into the bottom of its guidance range for 2017, with a 3 percent rise in revenue to $4.77 billion pounds and a 20 basis point increase in its trading margin, resulting in profit of $1.05 billion.
* AS RESULT OF US TAX CHANGE, FROM 2018 NOW EXPECTS A CORPORATE TAX RATE ON TRADING RESULTS IN RANGE 20% TO 21% FOR MEDIUM TERM
* ACQUISITION COST IS $125 MILLION AND UP TO A FURTHER $85 MILLION OVER NEXT FIVE YEARS, CONTINGENT ON FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Bangalore.email@example.com)
* Says full-year growth will be at lower end of 3-4 pct guidance
* Ceo says cost savings plan will be finalised by year-end results in feb
LONDON, Nov 3 European hip and knee maker Smith & Nephew said on Friday its growth for the year would be at the lower end of its guidance after reporting a 3 percent rise in revenue for the third quarter, just missing average market expectations.