Steinhoff International Holdings NV (SNHJ.J)
Fri, Oct 5 2018
JOHANNESBURG Steinhoff's Mattress Firm Inc, the largest U.S. mattress retailer, has filed for voluntary bankruptcy protection, giving it breathing room to restructure and shore up its finances as its South African parent company fights for survival.
* Plan to strengthen its balance sheet (Adds acting CEO, analyst comment, shares)
JOHANNESBURG Shareholders of South Africa's Steinhoff Africa Retail (STAR) have approved changing the company's name to Pepkor Holdings in a move to further distance the company from its crisis-hit parent, Steinhoff International .
JOHANNESBURG, July 20 Steinhoff's creditors have agreed to hold on their debt claims for three years, the embattled retailer said on Friday, throwing a lifeline for the South African retailer caught in the throes of an accounting scandal.
JOHANNESBURG, July 20 Steinhoff's creditors agreed to hold on their debt claims for three years, the embattled retailer said on Friday, throwing a lifeline for the South African retailer caught in the throes of an accounting scandal.
JOHANNESBURG/FRANKFURT July 18 Steinhoff extended for a second time on Wednesday the "early bird fee" deadline for creditors to sign a three-year agreement to hold off their debt claims, as the scandal-hit South African retailer battles to stay afloat.
JOHANNESBURG, July 18 Steinhoff extended its "early bird fee" deadline for the second time on Wednesday for creditors to sign a three-year agreement to hold off their debt claims, as the scandal-hit South African retailer battles to stay afloat.
JOHANNESBURG South African retailer Steinhoff said it has booked $12 billion in charges related to accounting irregularities discovered last year, as it reported a widened half-year loss.
* Writedowns relates mostly to past inflated asset values, profits
JOHANNESBURG South African tycoon Christo Wiese sold part of his stake in grocer Shoprite on Wednesday, raising 3.6 billion rand ($264 million) and shoring up his finances, which were dented by his exposure to scandal-hit Steinhoff.
- DOC Is Solid As A Rock
- Road To Financial Independence: Growing Dividends, Endless Opportunities But Limited Capital
- Buy This 9.6%-Yielding Healthcare REIT On The Drop
- 6.7% Investment Grade Bond Is On Sale Creating An Arbitrage Opportunity
- Top 10 Russells Net 18.8%-38.4% By November 2019 Per Broker Targets And Dividends
- Senior Housing Properties Trust 2018 Q3 - Results - Earnings Call Slides