Swiss Re AG (SRENH.S)
Thu, Nov 1 2018
BRIEF-Swiss Re CFO Says General Expectation Is That Reinsurance Prices Should Be Stable At The Very Least If Not Increasing
* SWISS RE CFO SAYS GENERAL EXPECTATION IS THAT REINSURANCE PRICES SHOULD BE STABLE AT THE VERY LEAST IF NOT INCREASING
* U.S. remained challenging in October with hurricane (Updates with details, background)
FRANKFURT, Nov 1 Reinsurer Swiss Re on Thursday returned to a net profit in the first nine months of the year from a loss a year earlier, despite a series of large claims from big natural catastrophes and man-made disasters.
* ANNOUNCES INTENTION TO DIVEST VIA IPO NEW ZEALAND WEALTH MANAGEMENT AND ADVICE BUSINESSES
BADEN-BADEN, Germany, Oct 22 Swiss Re expects the global reinsurance industry to consolidate as the distinction between insurers and reinsurers become increasingly blurred, an executive of the Swiss group said on Monday.
* SWISS RE SAID TO DISCUSS INVESTMENT IN INSURER ANBANG WITH CHINA - BLOOMBERG, CITING SOURCES Source: https://bloom.bg/2R0ZyQX Further company coverage:
FRANKFURT Reinsurer Swiss Re on Thursday said that third-quarter claims losses are large for an individual quarter but that cumulative losses for the first nine months of 2018 were broadly in line with expectations.
* Estimates come ahead of Nov. 1 earnings release (Adds details statement)
FRANKFURT, Oct 18 Reinsurer Swiss Re on Thursday said that third-quarter claims losses are large for an individual quarter but that cumulative losses for the first nine months of 2018 were broadly in line with expectations. (Reporting by Tom Sims; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
ZURICH Swiss Re has named Allianz executive Andreas Berger head of its Corporate Solutions business and member of the group executive committee as of April 1, 2019.