Synchrony Financial (SYF.N)
23 Apr 2018
April 20 General Electric Co posted quarterly results that topped expectations on Friday, as earnings from aviation, healthcare and transportation offset weak power and oil-and-gas profits, sending shares sharply higher.
BRIEF-Synchrony Financial Reports First Quarter Net Earnings Of $640 Million Or $0.83 Per Diluted Share
* REPORTS FIRST QUARTER NET EARNINGS OF $640 MILLION OR $0.83 PER DILUTED SHARE
* Q1 EARNINGS PER SHARE VIEW $0.11 -- THOMSON REUTERS I/B/E/S
General Electric Co is exploring a public offering for one of its divisions and discussing hybrid deals with public companies to combine assets, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
* SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL SAYS CEO MARGARET KEANE'S 2017 TOTAL COMPENSATION WAS $13.5 MLN VS $10.3 MLN IN 2016 - SEC FILING Source text: (https://bit.ly/2Gz4bg9) Further company coverage:
* SYNCHRONY APPOINTS TRISH MOSCONI EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, BUSINESS STRATEGY AND DEVELOPMENT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
NEW YORK, Feb 23 General Electric Co faces potential legal action by the U.S. Department of Justice over allegations that its GE Capital unit and now-defunct WMC Mortgage Corp unit violated U.S. law in connection with subprime mortgages, according to a regulatory filing on Friday.
* GE SAYS BELIEVES DOJ IS "LIKELY TO ASSERT" THAT WMC & GE CAPITAL VIOLATED FIRREA RELATING TO SUBPRIME MORTGAGE LOANS IN 2006 & 2007
NEW YORK, Feb 16 General Electric Co was sued on Friday by a shareholder who accused the conglomerate of concealing mounting insurance liabilities and a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission probe, saying it cost shareholders tens of billions of dollars.
- Synchrony Financial: Dividend Growth Ahead
- Synchrony Financial's (SYF) CEO Margaret Keane on Q1 2018 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Synchrony Financial 2018 Q1 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- 2 Large Banks Report Soft Consumer Numbers
- Forge First Asset Management March 2018 Commentary
- U.S. Concrete Deserves A Higher Multiple - Cramer's Lightning Round (4/5/18)