Thomas Cook Group plc (TCG.L)
Thu, May 17 2018
LONDON Thomas Cook is abandoning its raucous "Club 18-30" brand to target an image-conscious audience wanting more stylish holidays, the British tour operator said on Thursday.
* UK margin pressure offset by shift from Spain to Turkey (Adds CEO comment, share price, analyst comment)
LONDON, May 17 British holiday company Thomas Cook said it was on track to deliver results in line with forecasts for the year after customers took more holidays to Egypt and long-haul destinations, improving its first-half performance.
LONDON, March 7 British travel company Thomas Cook has set up a 150 million pound ($208 million) hotel fund as part of a plan to raise margins through new own-branded hotels.
* THOMAS COOK LAUNCHES £150 MILLION HOTEL FUND WITH FIRST CONFIRMED PROJECT
LONDON, Feb 13 Thomas Cook flew tourists to Tunisia for the first time in three years on Tuesday, making it the first major British travel operator to resume operations there since an Islamist militant killed 30 Britons on a beach in 2015.
LONDON Recovering demand for holidays to Turkey will help offset the impact of rising costs in Spain, British travel company Thomas Cook said on Thursday, leaving it on course to meet annual profit forecasts.
* Sees FY results in line with expectations after better Q1 (Adds CEO quote, analyst quote, share price)
LONDON, Feb 8 British travel company Thomas Cook said it was expanding its airline business for this summer, boosting capacity by 10 percent in response to growing demand from holidaymakers in Germany and Britain in recent months.
LONDON Travel group Thomas Cook is likely to buy seats on the Austrian airline Niki after it was bought back by its founder Niki Lauda, a company spokesman said on Tuesday.
- Deutsche Telekom Rises on Talks with BT as Thomas Cook Hits Turbulence
- Why Barclays, Melrose Industries, and Thomas Cook Should Lag the FTSE 100 Today
- Why Tesco, Thomas Cook, and Glencore Xstrata Should Lag the FTSE 100 Today
- Why Thomas Cook and Galliford Try Should Beat the FTSE 100 Today
- Is Now the Time to Buy TUI Travel?
- 3 Shares Set to Beat the FTSE 100 Today